Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, more popularly known as CS:GO, is an online multiplayer shooting video game where the objective is to have the most number of users in a team. There are two groupings only: Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists.
Depending on which team you’re assigned in, you must either deposit a bomb somewhere or prevent it from being planted, and protect or rescue the hostages.
The system automatically matches you with other players on dedicated servers and run on Valve Anti-Cheat to reduce manipulating the stats.
One exciting feature in CS:GO is that you can purchase skins or alternative outfits for your character or item.
Technically, it provides a way for your avatar, with all its weapons and accessories, to stand out from the crowd. It doesn’t improve your rankings or give you extra perks; they only affect the physical aspect of the player’s icon or gun.
You can earn skins through:
– Drops – Random in-game drops when playing in official servers
– Uncrates – Stumbling upon weapon and promotional containers
–Trades – Exchanging ten skins for a higher rarity with a Trade-Up Contract, or having a deal with other players
– Points – Websites like GrabPoints allow users to earn points by answering paid surveys, watching videos, or downloading apps. You can then convert them to real-world cash and use those dollars to purchase high-value skins on the official CS:GO store. Sign up here to get started.
Moreover, you can also use your points from these sites to get Steam Wallet Claim Codes directly. It can take more time, though, since you will need to reach at least 5,000 GrabPoints to choose this option. Learn more about the process from this guide.
There are seven levels of skin rarity:
– Consumer Grade – Skins in this level are the most common type. It means that they have minimal value and can be quickly earned through giveaways or in-game drops.
– Industrial Grade – These are also known as Uncommon skins, which are just a tiny step above Consumer Grade skins.
– Mil-Spec Grade – Rare skins are found in the Mil-Spec Grade.
– Restricted – Restricted ones are also known as Mythical. These are the skins that have a bit more value when purchasing or trading.
– Classified – Legendary or classified skins are valuable and limited.
– Covert – Also known as the Ancient grade, skins in this level must be unlocked from cases using a unique key that can be purchased in the store.
– Gold – Exceedingly Rare skins are also unlocked from boxes.
There was also the Contraband skin rarity level, but it has been discontinued. It was even rarer than the Gold ones.
However, according to CS:GO Stash, a website that posts items available on Steam, the Howl skin for the M4A4 rifle is available and priced at over 1,000 USD.
Meanwhile, the skin’s exterior quality is also differentiated according to its freshness or wear and tear. The categories, from least worn to most, are Factory New, Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle-Scarred.
Lastly, CS:GO marks skins as Normal, StatTrak, or Souvenir. Here’s an in-depth look at each category:
– Normal – Similar to the Common grade, Normal skins are pretty standard and easy to obtain.
– StatTrak – StatTrak skins offer a unique function of tracking the kills made by the owner. The counter resets when the skin is listed on the Community market.
– Souvenir – You can earn these exclusive skins when you watch official CS:GO tournaments. Each Souvenir includes a message that honors the game from which it got dropped. Spectators often keep this type of skin, so they’re generally expensive.
Some tips before you purchase or trade skins in the community:
– Buying direct from the Steam Community Market is the least complicated.
– Trade skins for skins when you’re sure that you’ll get something similar in value or higher.
– Gambling is not the best option.
– Opening cases is not worth the money you spend on them; probably because you’re never going to be sure what you’ll get.
– Be sure to check the less expensive wear value categories to get an idea of the average price.
So if you can live with, at the very least, Minimal Wear or Field-Tested skins, then you may save money on the transaction.
CS:GO skins are an excellent way to infuse your avatar with your personality. This customization feature has contributed to the popularity of the game and continues to be an integral part of its online community.
Fortunately, you won’t have to keep on holding your breath during every tournament and match because you can earn money through websites like GrabPoints and use your rewards for in-game credits.
More by Guest Author:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"