Latest Update Unwraps New Pharaoh-themed Warframe, Introduces New Reactor Sabotage Improvements, New Orokin Moon Game Modes, and More!
London, ON., (March 4, 2016) – Today marks the first of many major updates planned in 2016 for Digital Extremes’ Free-to-Play hit, Warframe. Sands of Inaros reaches PC players today with a brand-new mummy-themed Warframe, a new quest, updates to Reactor Sabotage Missions, and more. The update continues Digital Extremes’ dedicated effort to redefine the Free-to-Play experience in a AAA way through constant interaction with their players, better known as Tenno, for feedback that results in regular new content additions and sometimes major gameplay overhauls that keep the game fresh and exciting to new and seasoned players.
Launching today on PC (and coming soon to consoles), the update introduces Inaros, a mummy-themed Warframe with classic ancient Egyptian flair. Tenno may prove themselves worthy of Inaros’ strength and unlock this unique Warframe Blueprint by completing the all-new Sands of Inaros Quest.
For supporting assets, including a highlight trailer for the Sands of Inaros update for Warframe, please head here: https://digitalextremesltd.box.com/s/f0vwp1dei47in8ic901ntawptjq9pjjk
NEW INAROS WARFRAME
Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus’ newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos’ sandstorms.
Inaros’ Abilities are as follows:
• DESICCATION – Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
• DEVOUR – Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
• SANDSTORM – Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand.
• SCARAB SWARM – Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
REACTOR SABOTAGE 2.0
Ship Sabotage missions have received a total overhaul, complete with diverse mission objectives and new Sabotage-unique tiles.
Reactor Sabotage 2.0 includes:
• Interactive Mission objectives that change depending on squad playstyles. These objectives create unique environmental hazards and varying extraction goals depending on squad choice. Squads may choose to push through the attack, defend an important piece of the reactor, or take a more stealthy approach to complete the objective.
• Six new Grineer tiles.
• Six new Corpus tiles.
OROKIN MOON – NEW GAME MODES
The Orokin Moon tileset has been expanded to include new game modes.
These additions include:
• Defense, Spy and Capture Missions.
• 20 new environmental tiles.
• Overall improvements to older tileset rooms, including graphical and lighting adjustments.
• LESION – An instrument of unrelenting harm.
• MUTALIST CERNOS – Overcome with Infestation, this bow’s arrows now spread poisonous contagion to any surface they hit.
• DUAL TOXOCYST – Brain-strikes excite this bioweapon, causing it to rapidly release toxic munitions.
• XIPHOS – Featuring Sentry Gun air-support, this stylish new Landing Craft is an asset in any battle.
• ABRASYS SYANDANA – This textured cape evokes stone scarred but not destroyed by the sea’s tireless onslaught.
• CELESTIA SYANDANA – This Conclave Exclusive cape allows Tenno to wear their bragging rights, by displaying Daily Conclave Challenge progress with a beam of light for each completed challenge.
The Sands of Inaros update also brings a complete overhaul for Warframe’s UI, including new features and more intuitive settings for private conversations and player searching.
• WARFRAME EMOJI – It’s never been easier to express yourself in Warframe. Share your feelings without words, using your favorite emoji as well as some fantastic Warframe exclusive emoji.
PC players can download Warframe with the new Sands of Inaros update for free today! PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will receive this update soon.
To learn more about Warframe, download the game for free and join the community, please visit the official website at: www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the Warframe development team, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
About Digital Extremes
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent development studios in the interactive entertainment industry. The Canadian-based developer has a rich history in developing some of the industry’s top first-person shooter and action games. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – and continuing with such hits as Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3 and the multi-player campaign of BioShock 2. More recently, Digital Extremes earned critical acclaim for the development of first-person shooter, The Darkness® II, based on the comic book series of the same name and the use of its proprietary technology, the Evolution Engine™. The studio is currently developing and publishing the Free-To-Play action game, Warframe® available now on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit the company website at www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"