It´s been a very long time since i heard anything about Frederick Raynal (he has worked for Infogrames, Adeline Software, Ubisoft and Eidos.
To name a few). Some of you may know him, well, at least if you were born in the 80s. Because Frederick is the master mind behind Little Big Adventure 1,2, Alone in the Dark and Toy Commander (Dreamcast).
Frederick are also considered to be the father of the survival horror genre (Alone in the Dark 1 earned him that title). But as i mentioned earlier, not that much have been said about mr Raynal over the years. But that is about to change.
Because last night i found out about mr Raynal ´s new survival horror project “2Dark” (devloped by Gloomy Wood). Which would be a really nice blend of horror, action, adventure and team management. In short, it´s quite a uniq 2D survival horror experience.
So i really, really hope that 2Dark will be able to reach it´s 30,000 Euro goal on Ulule. The odd is in the favour of mr Raynal and his team though. Because 2Dark has already collected over 19,000 Euro, and there´s still 12 days left on the Ulule campaign.
So, come on people! Let´s rescue the children in 2Dark 😉
2Dark is a video game from the Survival Horror genre, based on an explosive mix of several gameplays: infiltration, action, adventure and team management. You play as Mr Smith, a profiler, whose goal is to save as many children as possible from the grip of various Serial Killers.
The challenge is huge, as you have to confront each one of these psychopaths, one after another, in their own lairs, find the exit, save and look after the frightened and not exactly orderly children, confront beings who are thirsty for blood, avoid the traps… and through these different levels, you will discover what is truly terrifying the town of Gloomywood!
– The new Survival Horror from Frederick Raynal: a return to the source of the genre, highlighting the psychological tension in the midst of the action!
– A unique gameplay mixing adventure, action, infiltration and looking after children.
– A scenario inspired by clichés from horror movies and cop shows: the children must be rescued from the clutches of Serial Killers!
– Innovative technology mixes 2.5D views and voxel-based characters with a unique animation system.
– Eight levels to play with a shudder… An unrelenting gaming experience, with some serious challenges!
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"