There´s a lot of shoot-em-up games to be found on the market right now (old school, new and in the making). But 2Awesome Studio (the makers of “Dimension Drive” and “Energy Rush”) might just have a brand new typ of shmup in the making. And it´s called “Dimension Drive” (for Windows, Linux and MAC). So, what makes “Dimension Drive” different from any other shmup out there then?
Well, for starter the game has a comic book-styled look and design, and you´re fighting on two battlefields at once in “Dimension Drive” (as pictured above). The game also mixes puzzles, combat and dimensional teleportation. And when i gave the demo a try last night, and i have to say that the game is rather impressive. So if you like the Kickstarter video, then you can download and try the demo for yourselves 😉
And “if” it´s your kind of game. Then show “Dimension Drive” some much-needed love and support on Kickstarter! As 2Awesome Studio needs to collect 30,000 Euro in order to reach their Kickstarter goal. And “if” “Dimension Drive” get´s fully funded, then the game will be released sometime this year.
About Dimension Drive:
Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield Shoot’em up with a teleportation mechanic that seamlessly combines shooting, puzzle and defense mechanics into a comic book styled sci-fi space opera set in a multidimensional universe. The Ashajuls, a cruel multidimensional alien race, are attacking our universe. Fight as Jackelyne Tywood (a.k.a. Jack) in The Manticore, a legendary ship capable of teleporting across space and dimensions. Uncover the mysteries of your past and the origin of the Dimension Drives with your trusty friend and A.I., “V.E.R.A.”, at your side.
– A new type of shoot’em up: Fast Dual-Screen vertical shoot’em up with teleportation.
– Rich science fiction adventure: Teleport your way across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, meet new races and allies. Unfold the secrets of your past and the creators of the Dimension Drives. Become a legendary space pilot.
– Clever mix of three mechanics: Shooting, puzzle and defense.
– 2 games in your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
– 4 game modes: Arcade, Modern, Pacifism and 1 credit clear.
– Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
– Energy concept: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
– Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
– Teleportation! (We said that already, didn’t we?)
Robin “V-Act” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: