I’ve had this feeling for years that Spain would become a big deal on the Gaming front in the upcoming years. Well, I was right, because for the last two years I’ve seen more and more Spanish made indie games than I done in ten years time (“The Crow’s Eye” was the first Spanish indie game that made me realize that Spain is going to become an interesting Gaming nation in the near future).
Well, guess what? It’s time for another Spanish indie game to see the day of light. You see, the Barcelona based indie games studio Lone Artisan Games informed us that their realistic swordfighting action/roguelite/medieval game “Elium – Prison Escape” is coming to Steam on the 28th of February:
“Hello Robin, I just wanted to introduce Elium – Prison Escape, a realistic swordfighting action roguelite set in a medieval world, which will be released on PC on February 28th:
Fight against the prison guards in this brutally challenging first/third person hand to hand combat game as you get through different mazes. Equip yourself with melee weapons such as a sword, a mace or an axe, and get ready to fight your way out, or hide in the shadows to sneak through” – Lone Artisan Games
In other words, that’s great news for those who are interested in medieval inspired action/roguelite games. Even so, what exactly is “Elium – Prison Escape” all about then? Well, here’s a short description of the game and it’s story:
“Elium – Prison Escape is a swordfighting action and dungeon crawler game in a low fantasy medieval setting. The game plays in First and 3rd Person view with shooter-like controls, in a challenging and unforgiving prison environment with the main goal of finding an escape. Take the role of Jarren Sorengar, a former master swordsman seeing his days pass as a weary war prisoner. Time has come to meet fate, find an escape or die in the attempt”
As for features, here are some of the said launch features for “Elium – Prison Escape”:
– 1stPerson / 3rdPerson melee action combat: Fight with a sword, equip a shield, use your fists or even resort to fight with objects around you.
– Reactive Combat AI: Engage with zealous prison guards that use the same moves as the player, making for a tense and challenging experience.
– Action and Stealth playing styles: Hide in the shadows, turn off lights and sneak past enemies, or take your opponents by force.
– Alone or with help: Explore and fight on your own or rescue other prisoners to aid in your escape.
– Random dungeon generation: Experience a new level layout on every play, with areas procedurally assembled from a set of hand-crafted rooms.
And with that said, what’s your take on “Elium – Prison Escape”? (you can watch the latest trailer for the game further down the page) let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"