It’s somewhat unreal that it’s been over a year since the last time I wrote about Marcus Horn’s low poly 3D Platformer “Macbat 64“, but that’s actually very close to the truth. As my latest post about the game was published in March last year. That’s also why I’m happy to inform you all that Horn just informed me (Robin Ek, TGG) that Macbat 64 is set for a release on Steam on the 17th of March (in other words, tomorrow):
I wrote to you before about my low poly, 90s inspired 3D platformer called Macbat 64. 🙂 If you want a quick breakdown of the game (how it looks now), here is the trailer:
It’s coming to Steam, Gamejolt and Itch.io on March 17 for the price of $4.99. The game features over 10 levels, different gameplay styles (for example a kart racing level), unique and characteristic NPCs as well as tributes to memorable moments from late 90s gaming history.” – Marcus Horn
So if you like N64 games such as “Donkey Kong 64”, “Super Mario 64“ and “Banjo Kazooie”, then keep your eyes open for Siactro’s “Macbat 64” on Steam! (the launch is about 20 hours away now).
– Classic 3D platforming
– Over 10 micro worlds
– Different gamplay styles
– A lot of unique and characteristic NPCs to interact with
– Jump around (multiple times in a row), collect coins, apples, batteries or whatever else the situation demands, interact with a variety of unique characters
– Gameplay consist manly of 3D Platforming but different minigames and other gameplay mechanics
– are thrown into the mix like kart racing, shooter sections or 8-bit minigames
– In 2014 I relased a little homage game to rareware’s Banjo Kazooie called “Kiwi 64”.
– People enjoyed the game as well as it’s world, setting and characters so much that
– I eventually decided to make a new game set in the same universe but with a bit more “uniqueness” to it. So instead of simply trying to get that Banjo Kazooie feel again
– I made a game about late 90s 3D games in general and drew inspiration from many titles from my childhood.
Robin “V-Act” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"