Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Minecraft got transformed into a 3D roguelike dungeon crawler? Well, wonder no more! Because Alcapa Games upcoming dungeon crawler “Reikon Dungeon” (for PC powered by Unreal Engine 4 and Qubicle) is here to save the day. And i actually tried the pre-alpha demo earlier today, it´s pretty darn cool if you ask me.
At least if you´re into roguelike dungeon crawler´s that is. And it seems like there´s quite a few that enjoy “Reikon Dungeon” as well. So no wonder that the game got greenlit on Steam Greenlight just recently.
So if you like the sound of that. Then you should most definitely download and try the pre-alpha demo of “Reikon Dungeon”!
About Reikon Dungeon:
Reikon Dungeon is a 3D roguelike dungeon crawler, with real-time action, where the player gets to explore infinite dungeons and hunt down deadly monsters.
Each death is permanent, however the player will be able to reincarnate as one of the monsters or the other characters you’ll meet, discovering new combinations of skills and creatures.
When you rebirth in the Dungeon Hub, you will find the souls you freed from the magic crystals hidden around the underground mazes. Those characters will give you quests or new items for sale. Improve your characteristics, craft your equipment, upgrade your skills and hunt down the most powerful creatures in the deepest dungeons.
– Procedural dungeon generation: Dungeons are procedurally generated but saved at each run, to give you an endless challenge and real-time action fun!
– Deep character customization: You can control every aspect of your character progression, experiment with different builds and combination of equipment and skills to create your own lethal combination.
– Procedural loot: With a pretty various combination of weapons and accessories you’ll hardly get the chance to drop the same item, and you can also combine them.
– Rebirth: Death can happen, however you get to keep all your items to start over again and get another chance to reach the end of the dungeon. Obtaining the soul core of the monster you previously defeated will enable you to get their unique stats and special abilities, which could be helpful to exploit certain bosses.
– Bosses: A game can’t be fun without those huge boss fights. You’ll learn to hate those bosses and then eventually beat them.
– Interact with the world: With a system similar to the message in a bottle, you’ll be able to communicate with the other players that populate this endless and huge dungeon; we plan to give the player the chance to affect the world in many ways and this is just one of those.
Robin “V-Act” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: