***UPDATE 1 – 2018-04-03 – 12:10 CEST***
I just wanted to let you boys and girls know that DreamGate just informed us per e-mail that their action-strategy steampunk game “Steampunk Tower 2” is coming to Steam on the 19th of April =) So keep your eyes open for it! Other than that, DreamGate also had us know that they have launched an official release date trailer for “Steampunk Tower 2”. So don’t forget to check that one out as well 😉 (you can watch the said trailer further down the page).
“Hello Robin, I’m excited to announce that the upcoming action-strategy game STEAMPUNK TOWER 2 will be released on Steam on Thursday, April 19, 2018. STEAMPUNK TOWER 2, the sequel to the classic action-strategy superhit set in a steampunk universe, contains lively battles against hundreds of troops and tremendous bosses. Defend Europe from it’s terrible fate and change the curse of mankind!” – DreamGate
“Hello Robin, Following the success of Steampunk Tower, here comes STEAMPUNK TOWER 2 on Steam: STEAMPUNK TOWER 2 is an action-strategy game set in the alternative Steampunk universe. The game contains dynamic battles against fierceful enemies and humungous bosses, as you try to liberate Europe from an enemy as never seen before. The game will be out on Steam next month but I can’t tell you exactly when yet.” – DreamGate
In other words, if you enjoyed the original “Steampunk Tower” game, then you’re going to love the sequel for sure =) (you can watch the main features video further down the page). As for the history of DreamGate and “Steampunk Tower”, here’s a bit of background information about the two:
“We started our journey as a small independent studio from creating small Flash games. And the first version of Steampunk came out on the same Flash platform in 2012. The game got good feedback and public approval. The game was free and was able to run only in browser.After the game was issued we signed a contract with Chillingo company for the game publication on mobile platforms. It was a big breakthrough for us. We realized that the game had to be completely remade to meet the requirements of one of the largest publishers of that time. Special thanks to Chillingo and our producer Kieren Smith for helping in game development.
We spent more than a year and in October of 2013 the game came out on iOS platform, and in 2014 on Android platform. At the moment overall number of downloads of the game mobile version is 1.7 million. Special versions of the game were made for such companies as Samsung and Xaomi. In 2017 the game came under our control due to our publisher’s closure.And of course, we couldn’t miss an opportunity to make a sequel.
The last three years our studio was busy with making Steampunk Tower 2. The ideas and concepts changed lots of times, we had to give up on a number of it, but today the game looks just the way we wished from the start and even better.We improved the turret navigation system. The city construction and the technology development was added along with a global map with the storyline and game characters. We increased the number of game levels and added randomly generated levels. New units and giant bosses were another addition. And plenty of other new stuff. Steampunk Tower 2 is a big and complex project for a team of three people!”
So, what about game features then? Well, here are some of the said launch features for “Steampunk Tower 2”:
– The sequel to the unique Steampunk Tower! More turrets, more enemies, aircraft Carrier, giant map of Europe…
– Dynamic battles! Each turret has its own specifics and its unique super shot.
– Stronger enemies! Enemies have acquired extra armour but their weak spots have also appeared.
– Test super weapons and special bonuses that will increase your chances of success in a battle.
– Humungous bosses! You can’t beat these steam monsters on the first try.
– Secret Steampunk city! Build scientific research laboratories, warehouses and factories for building new turrets.
– War for the territories! Control the factories to produce component parts for your turrets.
– Team of professionals! Send your agents on special missions to get extra resources.
– Many storyline missions throughout Europe! Find a way to defeat the enemy and get into the heart of enemy territory for the final stroke.
– Trains! Develop railway network for transportation of agents and resources.
– Can’t Steampunk be without trains?!
And with that said, what’s your take on “Steampunk Tower 2” so far? And are you excited for the Steam release later this month? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"