I got some great news to share with all you Halloween, sci-fi and strategy fans out there, because Blue Wizard Digital just informed us that they have launched the “Jack-o-Planet” update for their roguelike-lite 5X game “Space Tyrant“:
“I’m excited to share a copy of the latest, Halloween-focused release of Space Tyrant — conquer and inflict torment across the vast reaches of the galaxy at a pleasantly brisk pace in an unusual blend of 4X and uptempo play!” – Blue Wizard Digital
So, what does the “Jack-o-Planet” update contain then? Well, this should answer that question for you:
– The Jack-o-Planet and Halloween themed events (for a limited time)
– The introduction of our first new commander. Reigning supreme in Slayaway Camp, Skullface has decided to bring his bloodlust to the stars. Saw ships in half with his terrifying combat chainsaw and cackle wickedly as he terrorizes colonies of teenagers – in space!
– Commanders now get wounded instead of dying – so Campaign loss won’t be so sudden and brutal.
– Introducing “Passive Unrest” in Monopolize missions so no one’s left standing around, holding their wallet. No Militia or Agitators in Monopolize missions either.
– Oppressing Crystal worlds now gives cards.
– All AI players now tech up.
– Many Explores that were accidentally hidden are now available. It’s a veritable explorathon.
– And so many bug fixes. Oh my god.
And for those who have no idea what “Space Tyrant” is all about, here’s a brief description of the game:
“Conquer the universe on your lunch break in a galactic roguelike-lite 5X from the guys who made Bejeweled, Peggle, and Plants vs Zombies! Space Tyrant is set in a grimly grimdark future of eternal war. Build a terrifying space fleet, make enemies and disintegrate peaceful extraterrestrials in your relentlessly unpleasant march to total domination. Space Tyrant is currently available in Early Access on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux platforms for $19.99. Full release is planned for early 2018.”
– Tactical combat!
– Strategic scheming!
– Grimdark grimness!
– No cultural victories! No diplomacy! In Space Tyrant there can be only slaughter!
– Tons of excellent space cards to play!
– Space aliens!
– Space police!
– Simplified, easy-to-grasp 5X (eXplore, eXploit, eXpand, eXterminate and eXsanguinate!)
– Swift gameplay means quick deaths and lightning-fast victories!
– Hours upon hours of space strategy delivered steaming-hot into your gaping tentacular maw-orifice, the way you demanded it!
So there you have it folks =) And if you want to see the “Jack-o-Planet” update in-action, then check out the trailer down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"