Today is a very good day for those who just happens to enjoy turn-based tactics games. You see, we were just informed by Timeslip Softworks (the makers of the rantic combat and tower defense game “Deadstone”) that the full version of their neo-noir turn-based tactics game “Vigilantes” is coming to Steam on October 4th:
“Hi TGG, My name’s Daithi and on the 4th October, my second game Vigilantes will release on Steam. Since you’ve played Shadowrun: Dragonfall, I thought you may also enjoy Vigilantes, which is a turn based tactical RPG. It offers a gritty, neo-noir setting, deep AP based combat, comprehensive character development, dialogue based encounters with skill checks, and multiple game endings, depending on how many enemies you have killed. – Daithi Mc Hugh, Timeslip Softworks
That sounds rather good right? Sure, but what “Vigilantes” all about then? Well, here’s a short description of the game:
“Vigilantes is a turn based tactical RPG set in the declining, crime riddled city of Reiker. The game offers hardcore, AP based, squad level combat in a gritty neo noir setting, intel gathering through surveillance and interrogation, a detailed character system, base building, crafting, and much more. Vigilantes is currently on early access and is available direct from the developer and on Steam.
So, what about features then? Well, here are some of “Vigilantes” key features:
– Party-Based Tactical Combat System, including lethal and non-lethal attacks, powerful perk-based activated abilities, attacks of opportunity, cover, aimed and special attacks.
– Deep Character System: build the ultimate crime-fighting team using the UPLIFT system which comprises 6 stats, 9 skills and allows for a variety of viable builds. Further customise your characters with over 60 perks.
– Gather Intel: Run surveillance and interrogate defeated enemies to locate each gang’s leadership and facilities.
– Adversary System: If an enemy manages to flee, they will become more powerful and you will have to face them again later. Take them down quick!
– Reactive AI: An enemy that reacts to your actions, by setting up ambushes, and is responsible for recruitment, building facilities, improving gang equipment and training.
– Crafting: Upgrade weapons from 9 distinct classes and craft special items, such as hot-loaded ammo, armour, and medical items.
– Base Building: Build and upgrade 5 facilities (gym, library, firing range, surgery, workshop) to gain bonuses and access advanced crafting options.
– Story: Experience the hard-boiled story of a group of vigilantes waging war against the overwhelming might of the criminal underworld. Gain advantages in combat through skill checks and choices in dialogue, and help out citizens in need.
Other than that, Timeslip Softworks also has us know that they uploaded their release trailer for “Vigilantes” just recently (you can watch the said trailer further down the page). So if you like what you’ve seen and heard about the game so far, then you probably would like to check out “Vigilantes” release trailer as well =) And if you like the trailer, then you could pick up the full version of “Vigilantes” on the 4th of October via Steam (“Vigilantes” is coming to Windows, MAC and Linux).
And with that said, what’s your take on “Vigilantes” so far? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: