I got some good news to share with those how just happens to like really hard and unforgiving rogue-lite shooters. You see, Flow Fire Games just informed us that they are going to release their hardcore rogue-lite shooter game “Synthetik”
via Steam on the 15th of March:
“Hey there!I hope this finds you well. Please find above a Steam key for SYNTHETIK – an upcomingshooter rogue-lite launching on Steam and itch.io for Windows on March 15th. We’re confident SYNTHETIK is a game you and your audience will thoroughly enjoy and would greatly appreciate if you could review it.” – Flow Fire Games
Nice! But what exactly is “Synthetik” all about then? Well, here’s a short game description by Flow Fire Games themselves (the game made me think about a mix of “Dune”, “Abuse” and “Syndicate Wars”):
“Synthetik is a fast-paced, shooter rogue-lite set in a retro-futuristic setting, that combines the next level in gun-play with a varied arsenal of powerful tech to experiment with. Players are put through their paces battling from floor to floor of the citadel against relentless foes to prevent mankind’s extinction.”
As for features, here are some of the said launch features for “Synthetik”:
– Synthetik brings a new perspective to the shooter genre by incorporating mechanics, such as manual eject and active reload, recoil, weapon heat, and jamming.
– The game blends roguelike elements of permadeath and semi-randomly generated levels with difficulty modifiers, and a strong class progression with 4 unique specialisations, loadouts and perks.
– Players must advance through 4 “stages” consisting of 3 – 5 levels and a boss fight. Throughout play, players are awarded “Credits”, to purchase weapons, items and upgrades during that session only, and “Data”, to spend on permanent modifications and augments between sessions.
– There is plenty to discover and experiment with; from pre-game loadout to the weapons, items, and upgrades available throughout the levels. Players are presented with many high risk, high reward decisions requiring a tactical approach and improvisation.
– Synthetik offers a high-octane rogue-lite experience that’s jam-packed with variety. There are over 60 weapons, with an additional 17 variants and 21 attachments, 80 items, 10 difficulty modifiers, 20 unique perks per class, and much more.
Nice indeed =) Other than that, Flow Fire Games hooked us up with a review key for “Synthetik”. So I hope that we will be able to review the game as soon as possible =) As for here and now though, you will find the announcement trailer for “Synthetik” further down the page, and if” you enjoyed the trailer. Then you might want to give the closed beta a try.
And with that said, what’s your take on “Synthetik” so far? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"