I think it’s safe to say that Visualnoveler is anything but a lazy indie games studio, because even though they released “Anime Studio Simulator ” and “Rat Simulator” not so long ago (not to mention the launch of the “Ascendant Hearts” Kickstarter campaign) Visualnoveler is at it again. However, this time they informed me (Robin Ek, TGG) that they are working on an action JRPG called “Destiny Chronicles“:
“Hello Thegg, we’re announcing our next Fantasy Action JRPG game Destiny Chronicles. It is an action role-playing game that follows Celeste, a young squire, as she journeys across a mysterious land filled with ancient ruins and dangerous monsters to reclaim a powerful stolen artifact and prove herself worthy of knighthood.” – Visualnoveler
So what is “Destiny Chronicles” all about then? Well, this is what Visualnoveler told me:
“Inspired by classic action JRPGs, Destiny Chronicles is an action role-playing game about a squire named Celeste who begins a journey to prove herself worthy of becoming a true knight. Her quest takes her far from her home, across the continent in pursuit of a thief whose actions stem from a sinister plot. Its character-driven plot focuses on the interactions between Celeste and her companions as they hunt down the thief. Our goal is to make the game lighthearted and humorous, yet still tell a compelling story. Destiny Chronicles features an exciting and fast-paced action combat system like that of Kingdom Hearts and Celeste’s fighting style can be customized to suit your playstyle with a talent tree and upgrade system.”
As for features, these are the planned launch features for “Destiny Chronicles”
– Exciting, Dynamic Battles – Take on a variety of enemies with an exciting action combat system. Plan your battles, unleash special attacks, and devastate your foes.
– Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
– Customization – Use an expansive talent tree to customize Celeste’s fighting style.
– Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Destiny Chronicles.
– Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
– Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
– Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold
I was also informed that there will be a Kickstarter campaign for “Destiny Chronicles” in the near future. So if you’re into action JRPG’s, then keep your eyes open for the Kickstarter campaign!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: