Rome – May 25th, 2020 – The small indie studio SbargiSoft, composed by artist Vittorio Giorgi and programmer Matteo Benin, released on Kickstarter its crowdfunding campaign for a new video game: the new ’90s inspired visual novel, with a Japanese imprinting, “Oppaidius Desert Island“!
Currently on Kickstarter, and having surpassed its initial funding goal within the first 2 days, Oppaidius Desert island! now sets its bedroom eyes on unlocking a set of stretch goals with additional backer support.
Oppaidius Desert Island! is an adult visual novel, with more than 200 hand-drawn animation frames, an awesome soundtrack with great Japanese guest composers, pixel art backgrounds and a rich story.
The first part, “Oppaidius Tropical Cruise!”, is already released, and you can download it for free on Steam! It is not a demo, it is an extensive +18k word story, the first part for Oppaidius Desert Island!
Oppaidius Desert Island! is the conclusion of the saga, with a long story featuring more than 30,000 words.
Here it is the promotional trailer for Oppaidius Desert Island! crowdfunding campaign! https://youtu.be/1-6c6zBJLVA
– A love letter to old PC-98 visual novels
– Legendary composer Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Captain Tsubasa series, Streets Of Rage 4) joins the game with an original track!
– More than 200 hand-drawn animation frames
– Gorgeous artworks, with an unique art style that combines anime and pixel art
– Comedic story featuring 30,000+ words with different endings
– All-Star Japanese guest composers including Masashi Kageyama (Gimmick!, Sunsoft), and Tsuyoshi Kaneko (SEGAGAGA, Gainax, Yakuza series)
– Sizlla Okamura, the composer of the NeoGeo cult classic “Viewpoint”, will join the project with a remix track as a campaign “stretch goal”!
– A Yamaha YM2151 sound chip-powered FM-synth score
– Music by Luca Della Regina (Xydonia, Steel Assault)
– More than 20 incredible original audio tracks
– No censorships!
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: