I know that it feels somewhat unreal that it´s now 2017 (time does indeed fly you by), but it´s indeed the year 2017 now. That´s also why I (Robin Ek, TGG) felt like it would be a good idea to list our (TGG) goals for this year. So I´ve composed a little list over TGG´s goals for 2017, and you will find that very list down below:
– 300 USD/month via Patreon (we got 35 USD per month right now).
– 10,000 subscribers on Youtube (we got 4,5K subs atm).
– 5,000 followers on Twitch (we got almost 1,5K followers).
– 100,000 followers on Twitter (we are close to 50K followers).
– 5,000 Facebook fans (we got 1,3K fans on FB).
– 5,000 G+ fans (we got +1,3K fans on G+).
– Get 5,000 visits per day on average via thegg.net (TGG get´s between 2.5-4k views per day on average).
– TGG Gear (T-shirts, hats, baseball caps) – 300-400 USD – This is about 10% done (we´re trying out ideas and looking for artists to help us with the job).
– Green screen equipment – 350 USD (we don´t have the monty for this yet).
– A new Gaming PC – 2,500 USD (we don´t have the monty for this yet).
– Buy an EL-Gato game-capture HD device – 149,95 USD (we don´t have the monty for this yet).
– Get our first one million views video on Youtube (this is more a dream than an actual goal, as it´s a combination of hard work, timing and luck).
– TGG v2.4 – TGG 2.4 is about 40% done (this will be the very last update on this site).
– A brand-new homepage (TGG 3.0) – 1,500 – 2,000 USD – We have save about 400 USD so far.
– Get a web host to sponsor us with a VPS (Virtual private server) – TGG has started to ask around for sponsors, so we will keep our readers updated on the progress.
– Visit more game events and such – TGG hopes to visit as many events as possible this year, but like always, it´s a matter of time, money and human resources.
As for our 2016 goals, we did manage to reach most of them on time (we had more goals, but these are the most important ones):
– New Youtube design
– New Twitch design
– More giveaways
– New design for our social media pages
– Buy a Blue Microphones Yeti Pro + accessories
– 2K likes on Facebook
– 2K followers on G+
– 50K followers on Twitter
– 5 subscribers on Youtube
– 1,000 followers on Twitch
– Visit more Gaming events (Dreamhack, E3, PAX and so on)
– More sponsorships
– Prepare for TGG 3.0 and finish TGG v2.4
And now I´ve got a really important question for our readers and fans. Right off the bat, what do you want to see more and less of on our homepage, Youtube and Twitch? Let us know what you think in the comment section down below!
Now, let´s discuss something completely different but equally important. You see, it has come to my attention that even though we´ve given away a ton of stuff during 2016, we still get very few to non donations at all. In the matter of fact, some people even cancel their donations when they don´t win in a particular contest which they are a part of (two Patrons removed their donations to us just recently…). Furthermore, some people also unfollow and unsubscribe to us when they realize that they haven´t won anything. Well, I don´t know about you, but I find this to be a really shabby move. Especially since we do plenty of giveaways every month, we also work very hard seven days a week to give our fans and readers new content (videos, articles, interviews, reviews, OP posts and whatnot). Simply put, I don´t think that we deserve to be treated like that (there are corrupt “pop culture” and “questionable” game industry personalities who earn big bucks via Patreon each month, so please support those how don´t act like that).
You know, the hard truth is that 35 USD via Patreon doesn´t even cover our monthly expenses. So most of the time I have to pay our writers with my (Robin) own money, and it´s been like that for months. However, all of that could change if people only donated ONE USD per month via Patreon. As three hundred 1 USD supporters would give us 300 USD per month (300$ would easily cover our basic expenses with no sweat), that would also mean that we could start to cut down on our site ads as well. As we then get enough financial support from our fans in-order to stay alive.
I would also like to point out another thing. I’m sad to say that people have been trying to cheat in our recent giveaways. So if you have ever wondered why it has taken more time than usual for us to pick out the winners of a particular giveaway, then it´s very likely due to the fact that people have been trying to cheat in our giveaways. Nevertheless, not one single cheater has walked away with a price from us, and I (Robin) intend to keep it that way.
As for my closing final words, we (TGG) will do our very best to keep TGG alive, kicking and forever evolving, but we really need your help in-order to take us to the next level. As it´s a real struggle to keep people motivated and keep the site alive (everything would fall apart if it wasn´t for the fact that I work 24/7 more or less). Even so, I (Robin) do try my very best to keep everyone happy and sound.
Thank you for your time and support, Robin Ek, founder and editor in chief, TGG.
Robin “V-Act” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"