Ready your crew of space pirates, Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows arrives December 11th.
‘Expandalone’ for turn-based strategy sci-fi RPG “Ancient Frontier“, is coming to Steam. Fair Weather Studios has announced that the standalone expansion to sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG Ancient Frontier will launch on Steam this December. Featuring multiple gameplay improvements, the fully voiced space RPG will allow players to experience the life of a pirate that roams the stretches of the known galaxy with their hand-picked crew.
Set in the sci-fi universe of the frontier, Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows builds upon the universe of Ancient Frontier, putting players in command of their own ragtag fleet of ships to embark in tactical turn-based combat with RPG progression.
Playing as Rogan Harker, a recently freed convict players will explore the vast expanse of space forming new friendships and conquering enemies to level and expand their fleet of ships. With an intuitive based combat system, Steel Shadows lets players customize their play experience as they unlock technologies in the extensive Tech Tree.
As a standalone expansion, Steel Shadows gives players the opportunity to jump into the world of Ancient Frontier without having to own the original title. Including the “Random Event” and “Crew Free” DLCs from the original Ancient Frontier, Steel Shadows packs hours of content and dynamics into tactical combat giving both fans of RPGs and turn-based strategy titles something to enjoy.
Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows will be available on Steam December 11th, players can wishlist the game by heading to the Steam page.
About Ancient Frontier:
Steel Shadows is a standalone RPG set in the epic universe of Ancient Frontier. You do NOT need to own or have played Ancient Frontier to enjoy this content. Take command of a rag tag band of pirates and outlaws as you fight your way across the Frontier for treasure and glory. Delve into our latest turn based tactical RPG.
You play as Rogan Harker, a recently freed convict. He travels to the Frontier to find old friends and start a new life. But the overpowering Federation still controls most of the Frontier, and the new and budding Alliance is no fan of outlaws. Hated and feared, the pirate life is one of constant danger. Friends and allies are hard to find and harder still to keep. Beset on all sides can Rogan find fame and fortune with his fledgling pirate fleet?
– A full campaign with over 20 story missions
– Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
– Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
– Purchase, outfit, and control the unique pirate faction ships
– Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
– Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
– Experience over 50 random events
– Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
– Large, detailed maps to fight across space
– Three different strategic resources to manage
– Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
– Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: