13th August 2018 – Team17, a global games label, creative partner and developer of independent, premium video games in partnership with Command and Conquer veterans, Petroglyph, announced that Forged Battalion comes out of early access today. Forged Battalion is available on Steam priced at £15.49/$19.99/€19.99 and will have a 20% discount for the week of launch.
Forged Battalion is a dynamic and innovative take on the real-time strategy genre that allows players to build and customise their own unique faction. Players can create, customise and develop their units as they fight in a variety of skirmish, solo and multiplayer battles. Using resources gained form each battle, players can unlock new options through the tech tree, allowing them to create an ever-evolving faction.
All unit types can be modified to adjust their armour, weapons and even apply special abilities such as stealth and regeneration. This customisation allows players to adapt to enemy tactics and evolve their faction to be best prepared for the fight. For instance, if the enemy is using fire troops, you can apply fire resistant armour to your units. With each tier of the tech tree that you unlock, you will gain blueprints to a wider variety of customisation options that can be changed between matches to fit the enemy archetypes that you’re facing.
Forged Battalion includes:
– 15 single player campaign missions
– 2-8 player (or AI) unranked Online Multiplayer
– 1 v 1 ranked Online Multiplayer
– AI skirmish battles – play against up to 7 AI players
– AI difficulty settings for single player campaign missions and AI skirmish battles
– Standard, Annihilation and Destroy HQ unranked / AI multiplayer game modes
– Faction Creator. Save multiple Factions to take into battle
– 71 attachments across 4 Tech Tree tiers
– Building attachments – customise turrets, HQs and superweapons using attachments
– Map Editor & Steam workshop support
– Soundtrack, sound design and voice-overs by the iconic RTS composer Frank Klepacki
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading international video games label and creative partner for independent developers. The portfolio comprises over 90 games, including The Escapists, Genesis: Alpha One, Overcooked, Yoku’s Island Express, Yooka-Laylee, the Worms franchise and many more from developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
Founded by Westwood Studios veterans, and based in Las Vegas, Petroglyph has been responsible for a range of tactical and strategic PC games including Star Wars: Empire at War, Grey Goo and the recent ‘8-Bit’ RTS series.
About Forged Battalion
Forged Battalion. Developed by Petroglyph. © 2017. Forged Battalion and Petroglyph are trademarks or registered trademarks of Petroglyph. Published by Team17. © 2017. Team17 is a registered trademark of Team17 Digital Limited. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"