London, UK — 5th April, 2018: Indie studio ‘Krafted Games’ today announce Gyro Motion Aiming controls will be included as an optional feature in the Switch version of minimalist, rogue-like, randomly generated, first person shooter, POLYGOD. The title will launch worldwide for Xbox One, PC Steam and Nintendo Switch Q1 2018 for £16.19 / $14.99 / €16.59.
“We’ve noticed a trend of Switch players using gyro motion controls in conjunction with standard controls to gain more accuracy,” commented Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games. “We think this control system will enhance the FPS experience of POLYGOD so we’re adding it as an optional feature for all Switch gamers.”
POLYGOD has already attracted a legion of fans at Early Access stage on PC with its distinctive, bold visual style and solid gameplay mechanic. Now poised for launch on XboxOne, Nintendo Switch as well as full launch on Steam for PC, POLYGOD is ready to challenge even the most refined FPS guru.
– Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in
order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
– Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
– Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards
– Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skillful nonstrategic players.
– Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
– Classic FPS controls – POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
– Super fast paced and addictive – requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer’s dream.
About Krafted Games
Krafted Games in an independent game development studio based in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 2015 by Dominic Objokovits and David Allardice, the company creates design-led, highly replayable games and bring challenge back to the industry. Dominic’s first title, Pixel Boy and the Ever-Expanding Dungeon, was released on Steam in 2014. Dominic was joined by fellow UCT Computer Science graduate Wyndham Davies in 2016, and later aspiring game developers James Greeff and Steph Anderson. For more information about Krafted Games please visit www.kraftedgames.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"