London, United Kingdom – 13th August 2020 – Marvelous Europe Limited is today excited to announce the Limited Edition details for the upcoming Action/Simulation game developed by Edelweiss, “Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin”, which will launch physically and digitally within Europe and Australia on the 20th November 2020 for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
This Limited Edition, known as Golden Harvest, will be available for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 platforms and will come with a selection of collectable content designed to satisfy any goddess. This Golden Harvest Edition will soon be available to pre-order from the Marvelous Games Store, as well as from selected retailers within Europe, and will have an SRP of £49.99 / €59.99.
Golden Harvest Edition Contents:
* Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Game
* 132-page Artbook
* 3 Disc Soundtrack CD Collection
* Double Sided Poster
* Collector’s Box
A standard physical edition of Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 will also be available at selected retailers within Europe and Australia with an SRP of £34.99 / €39.99. A list of retailers expected to stock Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin can be found on the Marvelous Games website.
About Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin:
Developed by Edelweiss, the two-man team behind acclaimed indie darling Astebreed, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin combines side-scrolling action with deep crafting and farming simulation. Players take on the role of Sakuna, a spoiled harvest goddess banished to a dangerous island with a group of outcast humans. As she explores the beautiful yet forbidding environments of the island, she will also find a home in a mountain village, proving herself worthy of her title by harvesting rice and bettering the lives of humanity.
▪ Refined Side-scrolling Platform Action: Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies.
▪ Detailed 3D Simulation-style Gameplay: Learn the ancient art of agriculture by following detailed steps from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each successful rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavour directly correlating to her combat abilities.
▪ Creating a Home in the Wilderness: Sakuna’s mortal companions make weapons, armour, and meals for her using the materials and ingredients she gathers on her adventures, and completing quests for them will unlock even more options.
▪ A Fresh Take on Japanese Mythology: The heroine is part of a pantheon of gods and demons inspired by traditional Japanese mythology but featuring many unique twists. The story and world are filled with lovingly rendered details, some familiar and some completely original.
Developed by Edelweiss and to be published by Marvelous Europe Limited for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Europe and Australia, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will launch physically and digitally on 20th November 2020. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin will also be released digitally for Windows PC on STEAM via XSEED Games / Marvelous USA, Inc. on the 10th November 2020. The title has not yet been rated.
About Marvelous Europe
Founded in April 2012, Marvelous Europe is the European based publishing operation of Marvelous Inc., overseeing operations for all European territories as well as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. Marvelous Europe has been responsible for publishing games across various platforms, including mobile, handheld, consoles and PC. Marvelous Europe is a 100% wholly-owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Marvelous Inc., a publicly-traded company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: