London, UK — 17th August, 2018: Indie studio Krafted Games today launched its much anticipated minimalist, rogue-like, randomly generated FPS, POLYGOD which features a brutal difficulty curve, epic boss fights with arena-shooter style online multiplayer/co-op and local multiplayer modes. POLYGOD launches today for Xbox One, PC Steam and Nintendo Switch for £16.19 / $14.99 / €16.59.
“It’s been a long road to release and we’re super excited to finally get the game into the hands of our community” commented Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games. “We firmly believe PolyGod offers a unique take on the FPS genre and are confident that our ideas and game direction will strike a chord with the hardcore fans of the genre worldwide ”
POLYGOD features a different gameplay experience with each play session, the studio have implemented randomly generated level system that will challenge even the most hardcore of the hardcore! With incredibly deep weapon customisation and extensive multiplayer features including online and local multiplayer modes, Krafted Games believe gamers will find elements to keep them coming back for just one more run, over and over again.
POLYGOD has already attracted a legion of fans at Early Access on Steam with its distinctive, bold visual style and solid gameplay mechanic. Now poised for launch on XboxOne, Nintendo Switch as well as full launch on Steam for PC, POLYGOD is ready to challenge even the most refined FPS guru.
▪ Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
▪ Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
▪ Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards. (Versus multiplayer not available on Switch.)
▪ Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skilful nonstrategic players.
▪ Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
▪ Classic FPS controls – POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
▪ Gyroscopic controls – Nintendo Switch version only
▪ Super fast paced and addictive – requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer’s dream
About Krafted Games
Krafted Games in an independent game development studio based in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 2015 by Dominic Objokovits and David Allardice, the company creates design-led, highly replayable games and bring challenge back to the industry. Dominic’s first title, Pixel Boy and the Ever-Expanding Dungeon, was released on Steam in 2014. Dominic was joined by fellow UCT Computer Science graduate Wyndham Davies in 2016, and later aspiring game developers James Greeff and Steph Anderson.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"