Ultra-difficulty, hand drawn designs and twisted humour, come together disgustingly beautifully in Snowflake’s Chance.
March 16th 2017, Melbourne Australia – Carl Morgan Art is proud to release their debut title on Steam today at the very reasonable price point of $6.99. The game boasts at least 15 hours of gameplay dependant, on skill level, spanning 21 uniquely challenging levels of the hellish Pit.
About the Game
There’s nothing more heart-warming than a fluffy bunny, gently parading around meadows green, in search of delicious golden corn on the cob treats to see him through another peaceful, uneventful day. Right up until the point this intrepid bunny is plummet through 21 levels of the most foul, unrelenting and despair-filled, Snowflake was a pretty happy-go-lucky chap. Funny how quickly life can change, eh? Fans of the hardcore speedrunner and platforming genres, prepare to die. 99 times to be precise. Test your tactics, subterfuge and gag reflexes and you explore, expire and emerge through the plethora of baddies and environmental deathtraps that make up The Pit.
Every single element of Snowflake’s Chance is hand-drawn in the traditional way of paper and pencil. From there, artist Carl Morgan prepared them digitally and integrated them to form the vast and diverse world of Snowflake’s Chance. Each frame of animation was prepared in the same way and the amount of care and precision taken to bring this game to life is prevalent.
– Uniquely terrifying: Every element of the game is hand-drawn and hand-animated offering a visceral, grittiness to every
Chance you may squander.
– Listen to despair: The soundtrack is painstakingly crafted for the game, with iconic melodies that will stick in head long
after you’ve rage quit! It is also available for download.
– You can run but you can’t hide: Players must use their tactics and stealth to evade peril throughout the levels of The
Pit, from the molten magma core to the dizzying vacuum of space.
– We’re all in this together!: Snowflake isn’t the only critter trapped in the depths of The Pit. Enlist the help of the
other creatures down there to aid with subterfuge, distraction and well… to general save your own butt from being torn to
– A Bunny’s Arsenal: Snowflake isn’t alone. Collecting Power-ups and insane items along the way may be your only chance to
survive. A Crabbie Claw is essential to survival after all.
– Optimised for survival: The game is fully compatible with the Gamepad, so there’s no excuse when you suck at it!
– Tread the unbeaten path: There is a plethora of secret routes, items and unmentionables to discover, if you’re ‘ard
– As if it wasn’t tough enough: There are 20 Steam achievements for you to master… or not.
– Some like it ridiculously hard: The level design is rigorously balanced to provide a real challenge, in the spirit of
games like Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey, Spelunky and Heart of Darkness.
About Carl Morgan Art
Snowflake’s Chance is the debut title from solo indie developer, Carl Morgan. An artist by trade, Carl had always had a passion for the game he grew up playing such as Heart of Darkness and craved the sort of tactical yet visceral experience from a modern game.
Carl went about learning learning game design whilst hand drawing and animating every single element of the game, from bunny deaths to UX. Carl is overwhelmed by the response he received after achieving a successful Steam Greenlight campaign at a hasty race, and some wonderful accolades from media publications. Carl has already got plans for update content for the game, post release, promising on-going support for his first and future titles.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: