Las Vegas, NV – December 4, 2016 – Dreamlords Digital, the minds behind the unique and exciting video game called Graywalkers: Purgatory, is hard at work preparing for Early Access in the first quarter of 2017.
Graywalkers: Purgatory is the first in a series of emergent Strategic and Tactical Turn-based Role-Playing Games set in a stylish supernatural post-apocalyptic world, where parts of Heaven and Hell have merged with Earth in an event called “The Rupture”. The game was inspired by a combination of the tactical elements of XCom, the strategic features of Jagged Alliance, and the RPG aspects of classic Fallout & Wasteland. The game was funded on Kickstarter and is now currently in the alpha stage. It will be released first for PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) and later on will be ported to console (PS4 & Xbox One)
The story happens on the new island of Purgatory, a place made up of displaced land masses from all over the world that have merged together. You play the prophesied leader of the Graywalkers, 36 individuals who are destined to protect mankind across history. Your goal is to unite all the factions together under your banner and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity against the supernatural forces that have dominated the world.
The game will have several key features:
– Game Modes – will have 3 game modes: Campaign, Skirmish (Mission Based), and Multiplayer will be added through a free update. Early Access will be released with the Skirmish mode first.
– Strategic Management – Manage your resources, personnel, influence, technology, magic, and equipment
– Race – choose from 6 races (human, dhampir, Nephilim, cambion, wolfkin & hunterborne). More races will also be added through DLCs
– Character Paths – choose from 10 initial paths(classes) for your character to follow
– Characters – in addition to your custom character, you will be able to recruit from over 40+ playable NPCs, each with his own abilities, background and personality. Level them up and customize them as they improve
– Table-Top Experience – game utilizes a new table-top RPG system
– Enemies – encounter creatures like vampires, demons, angels, werewolves, ghosts, witches, zombies, and many other supernatural enemies
– Resources – Scavenge for resources, rebuild lost technology, recover ancient relics, research new technologies, and craft objects from ordinary items that you find.
– Factions – choose your alliances from among various factions, with each having their own agendas.
ABOUT DREAMLORDS DIGITAL:
Dreamlords Digital is a direct-to-digital development company specializing in the creation of games and gamified apps. Based in Las Vegas and Manila. Dreamlords Digital was founded in 2011 and has built over 10 games in its portfolio for mobile, pc and web. Its members have worked for both indie and triple A companies from all over the world
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: