London January, 2019 – The final chapter of the Stormblood™ storyline in FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online begins today with the launch of the first part of Patch 4.5, A Requiem For Heroes.
In this first part, players can experience a wealth of new content in the lead up to the next expansion, Shadowbringers™, including the third and final chapter in the fan-favorite Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid series, new main scenario quests, challenging trials, and more.
The highly anticipated Blue Mage job will debut a week following the release of Patch 4.5 on January 15.
As the first “Limited Job” in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the Blue Mage will provide a unique solo gameplay experience, learning all of its abilities through fighting monsters.
The Blue Mage will be available to all players that have a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job who have completed the main scenario for A Realm Reborn®.
New content arriving with the first installment of A Requiem for Heroes includes:
– New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline, helping to set the stage for the upcoming expansion,
– Return to Ivalice 24-Man Alliance Raid – The conclusion of this raid series will send players to Orbonne Monastery, and feature content from guest
creators Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY Tactics) and Keita Amemiya, creator of the GARO television and film series.
– New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
– New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
– New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
– Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, Air Force One; New Content, Doman Mahjong
– New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
The second part of Patch 4.5 is set to arrive in late March, and will mark the conclusion of the Stormblood storyline and pave the way for the
Shadowbringers™ expansion pack due for release in early summer 2019.
Additionally, a subsequent updates are planned for the Patch 4.5 series, which will introduce additional features and content for all players.
– Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
– Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
– Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System
Fans can look forward to more information on Shadowbringers during the European Fan Festival on February 2-3, 2019, as well as the Japanese Fan Festival on March 23-24, 2019. All Fan Festival events will be streamed free of charge on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel:
Additional details may be found here: https://fanfest.finalfantasyxiv.com/.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal.
The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 142 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 76 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 67 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://eu.square-enix.com/en
FINAL FANTASY XIV © 2010 – 2018 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2018 YOSHITAKA AMANO SHADOWBRINGERS, the FINAL FANTASY XIV SHADOWBRINGERS logo, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, EIDOS MONTREAL, EORZEA, FINAL FANTASY, the FINAL FANTASY
logo, THE LODESTONE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies.
PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks and “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"