LATEST IN WORLD-RENOWNED STRATEGY SERIES LAUNCHING AUGUST 23rd.
TUESDAY JULY 12TH 2016 (9AM UK) – Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 today announced that Worms W.M.D is now available to pre-order and comes with a blockbuster line-up of guest stars from hit games such as Rocket League®, PAYDAY 2 and Goat Simulator. Worms W.M.D will arrive on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system, Steam and GOG.com on August 23rd.
All gamers pre-ordering the game before its August 23rd launch will receive the following Worms W.M.D All-Stars content:
· Rocket League – Worms fans worldwide are eager to cause mayhem with the all-new, mega-powerful Tank in Worms W.M.D, but wait until they get their hands on the Rocket League Octane Battle-Car! Soccer meets driving meets Worms. What’s not to like?
· Goat Simulator – Use the Goat-on-a-Rope weapon to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as the goat swings around the gorgeous digitally painted 2D landscapes using its sticky tongue to hone in on them! Laugh maniacally as the homicidal maniac with hooves explodes, turning your opponents’ troops into worm meat! We also have a pretty cool Goat Simulator three mask set. Because, why not?
· PAYDAY 2 – It’s Payday time for the worms. Stick it to the man by dressing your invertebrate chums up in the masks that have become iconic for millions of PAYDAY 2 fans around the world and plan your attack looking like a total badass. They’ll never take you alive!
· Saints Row IV – The most outrageous, over-the-top action franchise in videogames, arrives in Worms W.M.D in the form of the Dubstep gun from Saints Row IV. This baby can inflict massive damage whilst making pedestrians (and worms) dance. Yes, dance. Team17 is proud, and slightly nervous, to announce that the Dubstep Gun will be bringing the dance-pocalypse as one of our mounted guns in honour of this awesome weapon.
· Unturned – The free-to-play zombie survival sensation, where millions of users try their best to stay alive, shuffles into Worms W.M.D in search of brains! And in homage to this popular zomb-fest, Worms fans can dress their slimy pals in a three mask set and wage war in an Unturned mission.
· Broforce – Coming to the explosive rescue of worms everywhere is the fan favourite Broforce Turkey Bomb, bringing the pain in Worms W.M.D. And that’s not all! The Liberty Strike is a Broforce flavoured airstrike which will rain down fiery hell from the skies. Booyah!
· Orcs Must Die! Unchained – The War Mage and Sorceress have vowed to protect the world and guard the rifts. But sometime after the last great battle, trouble is brewing again. Whilst we wait for the Orc Invasion, we can dress our worms up in this Orcs Must Die! three mask set and unleash the excellent crafted minions weapon.
· Yooka-Laylee – Dress your worms up as one of gaming’s most anticipated double acts with the awesome Yooka-Laylee seven mask set!
· The Escapists – A three mask set from the award-winning 2015 hit The Escapists is a must-have accessory for all wormy wannabe escapists. And if you want somewhere different to escape to, there’s a new mission waiting for you.
· Classic Worms – Ahhhh, precious memories of mutually-assured worm destruction! Don’t you just wish you could re-live them? We’ve got you covered! Unleash the Ming Vase, Sheep Launcher and Kamikaze weapons, get stuck into five classic missions and head into battle in a classic Worms three mask set!
Xbox One exclusive content:
· Rare All-Stars – Exclusive to Xbox players is the Rare All-Stars content with some of the most famous characters from the legendary developer joining the carnage! Unleash the devastating Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark on your enemies and send your worms into battle with an exclusive five-mask set (Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Jetpac, Killer Instinct and Battletoads).
Steam exclusive content:
· Team Fortress 2 – TF2 brings the worm pain with the devastating Sentry Gun weapon and nine mask set featuring the full TF2 crew of Pyro, Demoman, Medic, Spy, Soldier, Scout, Sniper, Heavy and Engineer.
The Worms W.M.D All-Stars Edition will be available to all gamers who pre-order Worms W.M.D ahead of its launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam and GOG.com on August 23rd.
Pre-order now from the Xbox Games Store, the European PlayStation Store*, Steam and GOG. Steam and GOG pre-orders will be live from 6pm BST UK time.
See all the content in action in the new pre-order trailer: https://youtu.be/1InXWY4EkQY. Further Worms W.M.D assets are available to download from: http://bit.ly/WMDprepp.
[*] Please note pre-order is territory dependent, please check your local digital store.
About Worms W.M.D:
The worms are back in their most destructive game yet. With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever.
Work your way through 30 campaign levels of increasing difficulty using the huge arsenal of new and classic weapons at your disposal. Use new vehicles to cause chaos amongst the enemy ranks and use buildings to gain the tactical advantage as you try to dominate the battlefield!
Take on up to five opponents in hilarious all-out tactical worm warfare with up to eight worms each, either in local or online multiplayer, including ranked play. Flatten your opponents with the Concrete Donkey. Turn them into chunks of worm meat with the Holy Hand Grenade. Rain down hell from above in helicopters or pound them into oblivion with the tank. With over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, this is Worms at its chaotic best!
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"