Moscow, Russia – July 17th 2018 – BUKA Entertainment and Sobaka Studio announced today the upcoming release of their brutal brawler Redeemer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™ in August 2018. Released on Steam last year, Redeemer received an overwhelming amount of feedback due to its charismatic protagonist and vigorous bloody gameplay.
The development team have taken into account the community’s input and added local co-op, character classes (Monk and Soldier) as well as other tweaks like the improvement of some levels’ balance. The Redeemer: Enhanced Edition announcement trailer reveals the origin story of Vasily’s plight as well as game combat mechanics and Enhanced Edition features.
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition will be available for a price of $19.99 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and $24.99 on Nintendo Switch™.
About the game
Redeemer: Enhanced Edition is an intense modern take on the brawler genre where you will punch, hack, and blast your way through enemies using fists, hammers, fire arms, and the environment itself. Vasily, once an elite operative working for the biggest Cybernetic Weapon Manufacturer in the world, narrowly escaped to a secluded monastery when the corporation wanted to make him one of its cyborg soldiers.
For 20 years he tried to find peace and harmony amongst fellow monks until the corporation eventually found his trace and is now closing in on Vasily’s location. In so doing, they have given him one last shot at redemption.
– Intense Top Down Action: Take out enemies in every way possible!
– Brutal Hand-to-Hand Combat: Collection of brutal fighting moves, combos, charge and jump attacks.
– Character class selection: Choose whether Vasily is a monk or a soldier, depending on your preferred combat style.
– Unique Kill System: Use your surroundings to stealthy eliminate your enemies.
– Parry System: Block the hits and learn enemy movements and attack patterns to create a ballet of death for them.
– Disarm-or-Dismember System: Disarm your foes and use their limbs as melee weapons.
– Story Driven Single-Player: Discover Vasily’s haunted past and experience a narrative journey of betrayal and redemption.
– Arena Mode: Practice and test your fighting skills by battling countless enemies in a horde-like arena mode.
– Cooperative game mode for two players. Walk through the game alongside your friend and may your gamepads be the ultimate weapons of retribution!
Sobaka Studio is a studio of five developers working out of Moscow and Kaliningrad in Russia. Sobaka’s goal is to create challenging action games packed with fun and juicy gameplay. Their first project ‘Redeemer’ was warmly received by players on Steam.
About Buka Entertainment publishing
Buka Entertainment was founded in 1994 as video game and console distributor. Since 1996, Buka has also been known as a publisher. Over the years of successful publishing, Buka released dozens of projects onto the world market, such as Hard Truck, Pacific Storm, Ex Machina, Pathologic, Collapse, and others, many of which have rightly become classics. Today Buka Entertainment continues to publish video games and support developers from all over the world. Company ports and releases titles for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch as well as iOS and Android. Due to the team’s experience and comprehensive approach to the video game publishing and marketing, Buka Entertainment successfully develops relations with international partners and will continue to bring exciting, high quality projects to players in the future.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: