Pricing and pre-order bonus prison announced.
UK – 11th July 2017 – Award-winning international games label Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof Studios are excited to announce the launch date for The Escapists 2, the follow up to their award-winning prison-escape game.
Launching on the 22nd August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, The Escapists 2 is available to pre-order from today from £19.99/$19.99/19,99 € from Steam and for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from select retailers, with digital pre-orders available soon. Those who pre-order from select retailers will get access to an additional prison, The Glorious Regime!
In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom.
The Escapists 2 is the forthcoming sequel to the multi-million selling, award-winning sandbox prison-escape game which will include, in a first for the series, drop in/drop out play for up to four players in both local and online play.
Escaping won’t be easy though. You’ll have to work around the strict prison schedule and avoid the unwanted attention of guards. Craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, but beware of cell shakedowns. Get a job or perform “favours” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
The Escapists 2 features:
– A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
– 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
– Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players**
– Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
– A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
– Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
– New ways to escape
– New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
The Escapists 2 will launch on the 22nd August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with a Nintendo Switch™ version to follow. Players can pre-order the game now via Steam and for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from select retailers, with digital pre-orders available soon.
Can’t handle the wait for August 22nd? Design your inmate ahead of time with today’s launch of the ‘Create-a-Con’ avatar creation website. Select from a host of customisations to design your Escapist and then export the results for your social media profile! https://www.theescapists2game.com/
[*] Boxed version available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 only
[**] Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC players will be able to play online multiplayer and local split screen for up to four players while Nintendo Switch™ players will be able to play online up to four players and split screen for two players.
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts the Worms franchise, Aven Colony, The Escapists, Genesis Alpha One, Overcooked, Sword Legacy: Omen, Yoku’s Island Express, Yooka-Laylee and many more from developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info
About Mouldy Toof Studios
Based in the UK and founded in 2012, Mouldy Toof Studios are the creators of The Escapists franchise and are part of the Team17 Digital Ltd family.
The Escapists, Mouldy Toof Studios and Team17 are registered trademarks or trademarks of Team17 Digital Ltd. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.
© 2017 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con are trademarks of Nintendo.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"