– Master, wasn’t your grandfather a famed thief?
– He was. Long gone, though.
– I’d say he’s back, master.
– Why would you say that?
– Well, I just found out that the automaton guards are disconnected, the servants are all drugged and the vault is empty but for a note who says “With love, Grandpa”…
Have your life been too quiet lately? Don’t get too optimistic: the greedy, corrupt, backstabbing inhabitants of Clockwork Town are back! The digital board game of strategy and malice Gremlins, Inc., by Charlie Oscar, is happy to announce a new major update which implements a long-awaited feature: a new board for the game with new locations and paths. Along with the new board, this Autumn Update implements new features, cards and character skills; you can see a full list of the changes here. As always, and following Charlie Oscar’s philosophy of offering all game-related updates exclusively as free updates to avoid unfair advantages between players, this Autumn Update will be totally free for all Gremlins, Inc. owners.
Today the game also receives a new DLC, Famous Figures, which includes new characters, music and other cool cosmetic content. In the good old days when the clockwork had yet to obtain the status of a proper gremlin town and still worked as its original creators have intended, the first gremlins who made it their home had already started their grab for power in full force, making the lives of their opponents miserable in every conceivable and inconceivable way. Dear citizens of the clockwork-town! Today we present to you the most famous figures of the past, whose cunning, cynicism and resourcefulness to this day serve as the prime example of what it means to be a true gremlin.
The “Famous Figures” DLC includes:
– 12 new character portraits of the famous figures from the glorious past of the Clockwork Colony and the Clockwork Town
– The luxurious token trail “Red Carpet”
– The antique Governor frame “The Governor of the Colony”
– The world-famous global effect “5 seconds to fame”
– The exquisite player profile “Time Machine” (animated!)
– The elaborate Misfortune Delivery Contraption “Ballon-o-mat”
– The uniquely interactive new Main Menu background “Mastermind’s table”
– The mysterious new original music theme “Mastermind’s Theme”
– The stylish retro lobby icons “Don”, “Reporter”, “Pilot” and “Photographer”
– A brand new full Korean localization
Famous Figures releases today for Windows, Mac and Linux for $4.99 | €4.99 | £3.99 | 149 руб. | ¥560 | ¥23, or the equivalent in your local currency.
ABOUT GREMLINS INC.
If you’ve been hearing a strange noise coming from your watch, or your smartphone seems about to explode, don’t worry… too much. It’s just the gremlins, those little bastards that live inside all these devices: they’ve been busy as hell dressing up, decorating their clockwork town for the visitors to come and taking advantage of the ensuing chaos to steal some gold, as well as rig a couple of elections. Gremlins, Inc. is an intense strategy board game in a steampunk world of corrupt capitalist gremlins who compete for money, political power and prestige. Steal resources, extort bribes, manipulate elections, arrest other players and send them telegrams of misfortune… Unleash your inner gremlin!
Gremlins, Inc. is the result of the creative cooperation between Alexey Bokulev (creator of the acclaimed strategy game Eador: Genesis) and Sergei Klimov (ex-director of business development in companies such as Snowball Studios, Larian Studios and Daedalic Entertainment). This two industry veterans set themselves back in 2013 to found Charlie Oscar and develop this completely original franchise, a multiplayer turn-based PC game that capitalise the rich heritage of board games.
Visit the official Gremlins, Inc. website: www.GremlinsInc.com/videogame/.
ABOUT CHARLIE OSCAR
Charlie Oscar is an independent team of video game industry professionals based in Vilnius, Lithuania. The studio was founded in 2013 with the goal of developing original video games and board games for a global audience. Gremlins, Inc. is their first project.
ABOUT ALEXEY BOKULEV
Gremlins, Inc. setting depicts a steampunk world inhabited by corrupt, capitalistic gremlins. This world is an original creation of Alexey Bokulev, who single-handedly designed and programmed Eador: Genesis, a strategy game in a fantasy world released in 2009 with more than 300,000 units shipped.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"