Open that bottle of Cabernet-Sauvignon, pour a glass of red wine and get ready to become the next big thing in winemaking. Terroir, an indie tycoon, developed by General Interactive, will be released on September 22 on Steam for € 14,99 / $ 14.99 / £ 10.99. Will you craft a strong red wine? Or will you go for a sweet, fresh white? Look after your vines, choose the right grapes, processes and materials and work hard to get your wines acclaimed by wine-lovers and world-class critics!
In Terroir, you have to manage your own chateau to become the best-known and most successful winemaker in the world. Start by planting a single tile and expand your winery through all its beautiful, low-poly 3D modeled, environment. As a winemaker you will have to decide how to crush, fermentate, press and age your wine — but be careful:you will have to face and overcome many hazards, such as bad weather, plagues, pests… and even harsh wine critics! Once you successfully craft your first barrels, you will have to manage the finances of your chateau and face more important questions, such as diversifying your vineyard or upgrading to better equipment. If you fail you will be broke — but if you succeed building your own wine empire, you will become a legend!
Terroir lets you manage a vineyard in order to build a winemaking empire. Choose which grapes you want to harvest and how to craft them to achieve excellence. Each grape has different properties so you need to learn and master each one of them. At the same time, you will have to manage your properties and upgrade them to keep growing and become a world renowned winemaker. Terroir was released on Steam Early Access on May 17h, and will be published on full release on September, 22nd.
– Start your vineyard planting one tile — then expand it up to 33 tiles
– Choose from different red and white grape varieties
– Look after your vines fighting against bad weather, plagues and pests
– Craft your own wines defining the time of the harvest, fermentation processes, bottles and much more
– Manage the finances of your chateau, diversifying your vineyard or upgrading to better equipment
– Build your relationship with your distributors and critics
– Dynamic weather system patterned after Bourdeax’s wine region climate
– Minimalist, low-poly 3D model design
– Chance or Circumstance: random events and missions can be found during the game
ABOUT GENERAL INTERACTIVE
General Interactive Co. is a small team of game designers based out of Singapore and the United Kingdom. Mark Fillon (Creative Director) and Jenny Hide (Lead Programmer) have a passion for great tycoon and management games, and have dedicated most of their waking hours adding their contributions to the already vibrant genre. Pavel Novak (3D Art Director), Raf Banzuela (2D Art Director), Elliot Padfield (Animator) and Celson Durante (UI Designer) round off the rest of the team.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"