SAN DIEGO – January 22, 2019 – Scarlet Moon Records is thrilled to release PERFECT SELECTION Dale North Vol. One, the beginning of a new compilation series featuring singles from videgoames and podcasts by composer Dale North.
Best known for his work on Wizard of Legend and his contributions to the OverClocked ReMix community, North has has been sitting on a trove of game music compositions that fans have been clamoring to hear, with tracks from games including Sparklite, Faulty Apprentice, Hush Hush, and more.
The PERFECT SELECTION series name is a nod to the famed KONAMI series from the 1990s. PERFECT SELECTION Dale North Vol. One is now available wherever digital music is sold:
“Recently, some of my favorite work has been on smaller projects,” comments composer Dale North.
“It’s been a pleasure to write in so many different styles and for so many different needs over the past few years; this creative stretching over time has resulted in a rather large collection of music that doesn’t get the spotlight that full soundtracks do. As a big fan of composers’ and companies’ game music collection releases I thought it would be fun to create my own ‘perfect selection’ to share my less heard work.
For me, these collections have always been a way for me to come to know other music makers better. I hope this will do the same for those interested in my work.”
The full track listing for PERFECT SELECTION Dale North Vol. One is as follows:
01. Engines of Innovation (Inspired by “Sparklite”) (unused)
02. It’s a Secret (from “Hush Hush”)
03. Levitate and Navigate (from “VR Walk & More”)
04. One Shot (from “What’s Good Games Podcast”)
05. Pensive Ink (from “SumiKen: Ink Blade Samurai”)
06. Crucial Ink (from “SumiKen: Ink Blade Samurai”)
07. Reclaiming the World (from “Majula Frontier: Reclaiming the World”)
08. Instant Peril (Inspired by “Kill the Dragon”) (unused)
09. Sunsoaked Ramparts (from “Faulty Apprentice”)
10. Moonlit Ramparts (from “Faulty Apprentice”)
11. Boundless (from “Animators vs. Games Podcast”)
12. Dear Sarah (from “SOS-CC”)
13. The Lævateinn (from “Sinmara Saga”)
14. Ocean Cruise (from “Tagalong Sprint”)
15. Smooth Sailin’ (from “Tagalong Sprint”)
16. Heroes of the Crown (from “Elements of Alma: Shadows of Tragedy”)
17. Courageous Gears (from “Sparklite”)
18. You Crashed!
Learn more about PERFECT SELECTION Dale North Vol. One and more from Scarlet Moon Records at http://www.scarletmoonrecords.com.
About Dale North
Dale North is a composer, arranger, and orchestrator for videogames, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. As a multi-instrumentalist (piano, vocal, brass), performer, and singer-songwriter with an international training, he brings a unique voice to videogame music.
Dale’s music mixes traditional instrumentation with vintage colors, blending live pianos and orchestral tones with the synthesizers and sound sets that shaped the sounds of games from the Super Nintendo and PlayStation eras. His upbringing in Tokyo, Japan helped shape his melodic sense (and his love of synthesizers), and he continues to hold the traditions of game music in the highest regard.
Dale looks forward to working on projects that favor creativity and seek to honor game music’s rich heritage.
He also really, really likes Welsh Corgis.
Dale North is represented by Scarlet Moon Artists.
Learn more: http://www.dalenorthmusic.com
Follow Dale North on Twitter and YouTube
About Scarlet Moon Records
Scarlet Moon Records has been releasing original game soundtracks and unique arrangement albums since 2013. Working with composer and musicians around the globe to publish soundtracks that publishers have no interest in releasing and also working with that same global talent to produce refreshing arrangement albums with our their unique spin, they’re best known for their flagship album series, Prescription for Sleep: Game Music Lullabies.
Learn more: http://www.scarletmoonrecords.com
Follow Scarlet Moon Records on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"