Roguelike dungeon crawler from Impact Gameworks graduates from Early Access, receives new pre-launch trailer and artwork.
Fulton, MD – January 19, 2018 – Independent game developer Impact Gameworks today announced that their 16-bit inspired roguelike dungeon crawler, Tangledeep is looking to bid farewell to Early Access with an official release date set for February 1 on Steam for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Tangledeep will also be available to download from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch™ in Q2 2018.
To celebrate the upcoming release, Impact Gameworks has released two stunning new pieces of artwork and an all-new pre-launch trailer highlighting some of Tangledeep’s exotic environments and strategic combat.
Featuring a high level of replayability with dozens of hours of gameplay through procedurally-generated maps, memorable characters, 12 unique job classes, hundreds of items to collect and use, and over 50 otherworldly monsters to battle and tame, Tangledeep weaves a truly magical experience for adventurers of all skill levels.
What challenges await? Find out by exploring the ever-changing labyrinth of Tangledeep on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/628770/Tangledeep/.
Tangledeep is a dungeon-crawling tribute to the golden age of RPGs, inspired by the lively visuals and music of such classic games as Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. Its strategic, turn-based gameplay combines the accessibility and polish of these games, and draws from a rich history of roguelikes from NetHack to Shiren the Wanderer and even modern dungeon crawlers like Diablo. Players can approach the titular, ever-changing labyrinth in a myriad of ways, using the game’s robust character job system and huge assortment of equipment to create a unique experience with each playthrough.
The Tangledeep soundtrack is also highly notable, featuring two styles: an authentic, retro SNES version, and a modern version with beautiful orchestration and live-recorded instrumentalists. Largely including music written by Andrew “zircon” Aversa (the game’s programmer and designer), the Tangledeep soundtrack will also feature guest contributions by legendary composers such as Hiroki Kikuta of Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 fame, Grant Kirkhope, composer for games like GoldenEye 007 and Banjo-Kazooie, and Norihiko Hibino, who has worked on such series as Metal Gear Solid, Yakuza, and Bayonetta.
A deluxe edition of Tangledeep, including the game’s soundtrack will also be made available on Steam at launch.
– Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items
– Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique job classes with over 100 skills
– Choose between three game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath
– Share progress between characters by using the banking system, planting magic trees, or capturing and raising monsters in the Monster Corral
– Venture into ITEM DREAMS, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes
– Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by industry legends Hiroki Kikuta, Grant Kirkhope, and Norihiko Hibino
– Play with virtually any controller and remap any control, use old-school keyboard-only support, or play using just the mouse
– Unlock Steam Achievements and craft Badges for gorgeous hand-drawn wallpapers and emotes
Stay up to date with the latest from Tangledeep online by following the game on Twitter at https://twitter.com/tangledeepgame, and join in on the conversation on Discord at https://discord.gg/4q5kjUm.
About Impact Gameworks
Impact Gameworks is an independent game studio formed by game composer and electronic artist Andrew “zircon” Aversa, who is also the programmer and designer of Tangledeep. Previously known for his electronic music discography, remixes, and music work on game soundtracks such as Soulcalibur V, Recore, and Tap My Katamari, Andrew created Impact Gameworks to develop charming, nostalgic games rich in tactics and depth. http://impactgameworks.com
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"