London, November 18th, 2020.
From the teams that brought cult hits “Coffee Talk” and “A Raven Monologue”, Indonesian developer Mojiken and Indie publisher, Chorus Worldwide proudly present “When the Past was Around“, a whimsical point-and-click puzzle game about love, loss and letting go.
Prepare for your soul to be touched and your heart to be warmed When the Past was Around launches for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in mid-December.
The game offers a wordless yet profound narrative experience and features heart-wrenching moments to move players of all ages. When the Past was Around invites gamers to gather clues, solve puzzles and unravel secrets buried deep within the protagonist’s memory. Award-winning violin music accompanies you as you explore Eda’s world, as she re-traces the steps of her lost love within her memories.
When the Past was Around won the coveted Best Game Award at this year’s Gamescom Indie Arena Booth. Original music, composed by Masdito “ittou” Bachtiar, also won Best Audio at this year’s Taipei Game Show Indie Game Award.
▪ Pictures Paint a Thousand Words – Experience the game’s story not through words or dialogue, but through beautifully hand-drawn art created by talented Indonesian artist, Brigitta Rena.
▪ A Short, Sweet, Whimsical Journey – Explore a bittersweet tale between a girl and her love in disjointed rooms of memories through time.
▪ Personal and Relatable – A game about overcoming the past and finding yourself.
▪ Brain Teasing Puzzles – Solve intriguing puzzles to uncover the story.
▪ Award-Winning Music – Atmospheric violin music accompanies you from moments of peace to heart-wrenching sadness.
About Chorus Worldwide
Chorus Worldwide is a game publisher that brings distinctive and unique games to players around the world. Established in 2014, based in Tokyo and Vancouver, Chorus Worldwide publishes games on the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Steam, and mobile games on the Apple App Store and Google Play. For more information, visit chorusworldwide.com, and follow us on Facebook/ChorusWorld and on Twitter (@ChorusWorldwide).
About Mojiken Studio
Mojiken Studio is an indie game studio based in Surabaya, Indonesia. The studio boasts one special point, for the team consists mostly of artists, giving a breath of uniqueness in the games they craft. Games hailing from the studio, among others, are A Raven Monologue, She & The Light Bearer, and A Space For The Unbound.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: