10th October 2018, Barcelona, Spain – It’s time to get those pink neon socks out of the drawer and regrow that mullet – Because Troglobytes Games Kickstarter, for their 1980s inspired
“HyperParasite” is now live! The developers are seeking to raise $29,000 in order to accelerate development, and to aid with porting the game to consoles.
Set to release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Windows PC, HyperParasite is an ode to classics like Smash TV and Avenging Spirit! Although the game feels incredibly modern – with the symbiotic nature of snatching hosts and utilising their own distinct skills and weaponry, the retro inspired visuals and stunning synth-wave soundtrack will drag players back kicking and screaming to the 1980s.
“We’re really excited to finally be on Kickstarter with our game, and hope that the Pre-Alpha build showcases the game that HyperParasite will be when finished.” said Saverio Caporusso, CEO of Troglobytes Games. “We hope that our fans sample the game and then pledge on the campaign. Our Discord channel is now live and we really look forward to hearing from you all on what you think of our game!”
– A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
– 60 Playable classic 1980s characters to Body-Snatch so that you can utilise their attributes
– Unique retro 3D visual style that harks back to the Nintendo 64 and the PlayStation era
– Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
– Cast+weapons includes – cops+guns, werewolves+claws, robots+lasers, aliens+acid spit and so much more
– Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
– An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
About Troglobytes Games
A small independent video game development studio based in Barcelona, Spain, founded by both industry veterans and young talents. We love playing and creating video games. Our mission is to create innovatively high quality games on various platforms using the latest in technology, while primarily focusing on storytelling and aesthetics.
About Hound Picked Games
Hound Picked Games specialise in teaming up with developers and co-publishing the quintessential indie games. Learn more: https://www.houndpicked.com
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"