Bracknell, UK – (28 October, 2020).
Video game Publisher Kalypso Media today announced that the Nintendo Switch version of their dictator simulator game “Tropico 6” is coming to the Nintendo Switch on November 6th, 2020.
A release date reveal trailer for Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition debuted earlier today during. The trailer can be viewed below.
Optimized for on-the-go and docked play, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition includes all original Tropico 6 game content and free updates, plus a brand-new palace design, the glamorous Flamingo Pond accessory, and a tourist outfit for El Presidente – perfect for keeping tabs on fellow Tropicans.
Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch™ on the 6th of November and is available to pre-order now at the Nintendo eShop.
Rule anywhere with Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition!
For the first time in series’ history, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition brings the beloved dictator sim to the Nintendo Switch family of consoles.
Play as ‘El Presidente’ – feared dictator or peace-loving statesman of the great island nation of Tropico and complete a variety of challenges on the international stage through four distinctive eras. Keep your wits handy and let your decisions write you as a true tyrant or symbol of freedom for the people.
Optimized for on-the-go and docked play, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition includes all original Tropico 6 game content and free updates, plus a brand-new palace design, the glamorous Flamingo Pond accessory, and a Tourist outfit for El Presidente’ – perfect for spying… err, keeping a close eye on fellow Tropicans.
Manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect islands and explore new means of transportation and infrastructure. As Tropico’s watchful leader, focus on furnishing a personal island paradise or bring the world to you and send specialist task forces on raids to ‘acquire’ your nation iconic world monuments such as the Statue of Liberty, Brandenburg Gate, Eiffel Tower and more!
• Optimized for Nintendo Switch™, rule Tropico from the comfort of your living room or on-the-go
• Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series, managing multiple islands while adapting to a variety of new challenges
• Send specialist presidential task forces to raid foreign lands, steal world wonders and bolster your personal collection
• Construct bridges and tunnels to connect your islands and build up a robust transport infrastructure of buses, taxis, and aerial cable cars to ensure freedom of movement for your citizens
• Customize your presidential palace with a variety of unique accessories and facades
• Make use of a revised research system and focus on becoming the world’s greatest dictator or a free-thinking man of the people
• Wrestle for power with an assortment of far-fetched election speeches and promises, all of which you cannot possibly hope to keep
For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with over 100 employees in 8 locations in Germany, England and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Munich), Gaming Minds Studios (Gütersloh) and Claymore Game Studios (Darmstadt).
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, and Railway Empire.
Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, and Port Royale 4.
Upcoming releases include Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Club Manager 2022 (2021) and Spacebase Startopia (2021). Kasedo Games’ recent releases are Filament. Upcoming releases include Distant Kingdoms and console versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: