Paris, France – April 18, 2017 – DotEmu, developer and publisher specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games, and Lizardcube, are thrilled to announce that Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap is now available for the Nintendo Switch , PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The game’s Steam page has also gone live so fans looking to play Wonder Boy on PC can favorite it and be kept up to date when the game launches on PC early this summer (date to be announced.)
The cult classic returns with a unique blend of exploration, action, and adventure. Cursed into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon, you are in search for a cure! The only way you can return to human form is to find the Salamander Cross, a magical item with the power to remove curses…
– Beautiful, hand-drawn animations.
– A re-orchestrated soundtrack.
– Explore large, interconnected locations populated with grumpy monsters and exotic dragons!
– Several characters with their own abilities: Lizard-Man, Mouse-Man, Piranha-Man, Lion-Man and Hawk-Man.
– Play as the game’s classic character, “Wonder Boy”, or as his brand-new, long-awaited co-star “Wonder Girl”.
– 3 difficulty levels catering to players of all types.
– Switch from modern graphics and sound to 8-bit graphics/audio at any time – even during gameplay, thanks to the “Retro Feature”.
DotEmu is a french video game company specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games. Our mission is simple: give every gamer access to yesteryear’s classic video games on today’s platforms, including PC, mobile, console and more. DotEmu is proud to have worked with some of the gaming industry’s most prestigious companies, including Square Enix (Final Fantasy series), SNK (Metal Slug and fatal Fury Series) and Ubisoft (Heroes of Might and Magic III HD). Our passionate team has worked on dozens of high-profile projects, including Ys Chronicles I & II (mobile), R-Type I & II (mobile), Another World (mobile, PC), Double Dragon Trilogy (mobile, PC), Titan Quest (iOS), Pang Adventures (mobile, PC, console) and more. Founded in 2007, DotEmu leverages its considerable technological know-how to maintain the original spirit of classic games while giving them a second life as rediscovered gems for a new generation of gamers.
Lizardcube is a new Parisian studio founded by game industry veteran Omar Cornut (Media Molecule “Tearaway” “Dreams”, Q-Games “Pixeljunk Shooter” series, Mekensleep “Soul Bubbles”, etc.) and traditional comic/animation artist Ben Fiquet (“Soul Bubbles”, “Powa”, “Les Chevaliers de la Chouette”, Dreamworks, Zodiac Kids etc.).
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: