Attendees to Get Insider Look at Warframe Development, Receive Exclusive Warframe Gear, a Chance to Win a Lifetime Supply of Platinum, and More with Ticket Proceeds Going to a Good Cause.
LONDON, ON (May 19, 2016) – The world’s largest gathering of Warframe players just got bigger with new prizes, activities, and event details announced today for TennoCon 2016. As if 22+ million registered Warframe players worldwide needed more reasons to join the development team and fellow players in London, Ontario, Canada on July 9, 2016, independent games publisher and developer Digital Extremes has pledged to donate 100% of ticket sale proceeds for TennoCon 2016 to charitable organization, Outward Bound Canada, supporting its programs for at-risk youth, women survivors of violence, and military veterans transitioning to civilian life.
Set in the heart of Digital Extremes’ hometown of London, Ontario, Canada at the London Convention Center on July 9, 2016, TennoCon offers attendees a chance to Learn, Play and Connect with the Warframe developers, well-known Warframe Twitch and YouTube broadcasters, and fellow players, better known as Tenno.
In addition to knowing ticket proceeds will go to a great cause, TennoCon 2016 attendees can also look forward to a full-day of fun packed with panels, tournaments, prizes, exclusive merchandise, and more, including:
– Panels: The schedule is packed with panels featuring the Warframe development team covering topics such as sound design, art creation and level design. There will also be fan favorite YouTube and Twitch.tv broadcasters, including DKDiamantes, Mogamu, AGGP, Lunskee, PokeyPandaBear, Snowlit, and Flare_Eyes.
– Check out the official TennoCon 2016 website for a complete schedule.
– Meet the Devs: TennoCon is about connecting developers and players. Find out the latest about Warframe at the panels, get the answers to the questions you’ve been dying to ask, and visit the autograph table. Or just walk up and say “Hello”.
– A Lifetime Supply of Platinum: All TennoCon 2016 attendees will be entered for a chance to win a lifetime supply of Warframe’s in-game currency in the form of 100,000 Platinum. One lucky recipient will take home this grand prize.
– Exclusive TennoCon 2016 Syandana: Available exclusively to TennoCon 2016 attendees at the VIP and Collector’s tickets level, the TennoCon Syandana is a fitting and fashionable in-game reminder of the day.
– Target Practice: Attending Tenno will test their skills with a bow and arrow, and set their sights on enemy Grineer targets at this one-of-a-kind shooting gallery.
– Listening Chambers: Sit down, relax, and be immersed in the listening chamber, featuring the full official soundtrack from The Second Dream including unreleased tracks.
– Cosplay Contest and Art Walls: Calling all artists and cosplayers! Visit the Art Wall and leave your mark on TennoCon 2016. Tenno ready to take their #FashionFrame to the next level should also prepare for the cosplay and art show.
– Warframe Tournaments: Tenno can also look forward to onsite game stations and various Warframe tournaments with prizes, including a special tournament for a new competitive game mode!
– First-dibs TennoCon 2016 Merchandise: There’s only one place where Tenno can get their hands first on the Valkyr Collector’s Statue and exclusive Warframe t-shirts: TennoCon 2016!
– TennoLive 2016: Can’t make it to TennoCon 2016? Be sure to tune in to Twitch.tv for TennoLive 2016 at the end of the day for Warframe reveals straight from the developers to you.
TennoCon tickets are available for purchase today via the official TennoCon 2016 website. Three tiers of tickets include Full Day, Collector’s and Limited VIP:
– Full Day Ticket – $25 CAD – includes full day access to the event along with free, exclusive in-game swag.
– Collector’s Ticket – $75 CAD – includes full day access to the event along with free, exclusive in-game swag, PLUS an exclusive TennoCon t-shirt and additional swag.
– SOLD OUT – Limited VIP Ticket – $250 CAD – includes all previous tier items along with a Limited Edition Nyx Collector’s Statue and a Digital Extremes Studio Tour, complete with Canadian Brunch with the Warframe Development Team.
As mentioned, 100% of the ticket proceeds from TennoCon will be donated to the official charitable partner of TennoCon, Outward Bound Canada.
“When plans of TennoCon first started taking shape, the goal was to get as many Tenno together to celebrate Warframe as we could,” said Meridith Braun, vice president of publishing at Digital Extremes. “While it made sense to charge admission to commit players to attending, it made even more sense to have those proceeds go toward helping others. This follows a philosophy we reinforce with our Tenno — contribute in making a meaningful difference in the world as both players and citizens in a global community — be honorable Tenno.”
Ms. Braun continued, “We began looking for a charitable partner to see this commitment through and chose Outward Bound Canada for its alignment with our company values and its commitment to improving the lives of those in need.”
TennoCon 2016 will be held at the London Convention Centre in London, Ontario, Canada on July 9, 2016. For full details, please visit the official website.
To learn more about Outward Bound Canada, visit the official website, follow them on Twitter at @OutwardBoundCan and like them on Facebook.
About Outward Bound Canada
“There is more in you than you think.” This simple idea forms the basis of Outward Bound Canada’s philosophy. Since 1969, Outward Bound Canada has made it its mission to cultivate resilience, leadership, connections and compassion, through inspiring journeys of discovery in the natural world. A not-for-profit, charitable, educational organization, Outward Bound Canada has challenged over 150,000 Canadians to step out of their comfort zone with its unique outdoor adventures. Outward Bound Canada prides itself on offering transformational journeys that encourage participants to push beyond their limits and discover their true potential.
Through specialized charitable initiatives, Outward Bound Canada offers life-changing programming to vulnerable individuals and populations across the country, including at-risk youth, Aboriginal youth, women survivors of violence, and military veterans transitioning to civilian life. The organization’s charitable programs ensure that those who have the potential to benefit most from an Outward Bound Canada experience have the opportunity to do so. For more information on Outward Bound Canada, visit www.outwardbound.ca.
About Digital Extremes
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent development studios in the interactive entertainment industry. The Canadian-based developer has a rich history in developing some of the industry’s top first-person shooter and action games. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – and continuing with such hits as Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3 and the multi-player campaign of BioShock 2. More recently, Digital Extremes earned critical acclaim for the development of first-person shooter, The Darkness® II, based on the comic book series of the same name and the use of its proprietary technology, the Evolution Engine™. The studio is currently developing and publishing the Free-To-Play action game, Warframe® available now on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit the company website at www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"