It´s been a while since I´ve heard anything from Baroque Decay Games. In the matter of fact, the last time I heard their name was when I wrote my review for “The Count Lucanor“. Well, the silence was broken today. As Baroque Decay informed me (Robin Ek, TGG) about their new adventure survival Horror game “Yuppie Psycho” (the game will be released for Windows, MAC and Linux sometime next year):
“From the studio behind “The Count Lucanor” and the composer of “VA-11 HALL-A” arrives a new, terrifying adventure from inside a great evil corporation in an alternate 1990’s. Meet your new, demented co-workers, complete tasks while running away from inkthirsty printer-monsters, and solve the most macabre of puzzles to discover the secrets buried deep within Sintracorp.” – Baroque Decay Games
I just checked out the very first trailer for “Yuppie Psycho” and I like what I´ve seen so far. Furthermore, I´m really glad to hear that Michael “Garoad” Kelly (the composer of “VA-11 HALL-A“) is making music for “Yuppie Psycho”. As I enjoy his music quite a lot. Other than that, the current features list for “Yuppie Psycho” looks pretty good so far:
– Exploration: Use the elevator to discover what’s hiding on every floor and within the various departments of the powerful company Sintracorp.
– Conversation: Investigate your co-workers and discover their secrets.
– Stealth: The corridors of this company aren’t safe at all… creatures and bizarre employees will force you to hide and, if all else fails, run!
– Decisions: Only you can decide how this story will end.
– Lighting: Use different light sources to light your path and reveal what is breathing in the dark.
– Puzzles: Find clues, solve riddles, discover new paths, and overcome challenges – all without letting the witch catch you!
So it´s going to be really interesting to see what the final version of “Yuppie Psycho” will be like. Well, we will know for sure next year, because that´s when Baroque Decay Games aims to launch the game (the game´s Steam page is already up and running!).
Robin “V-Act” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"