March 10, 2017 – Game Troopers announced today the launch of their groundbreaking game Overkill VR. The game has been on Early Access for five months, and it was continuously updated and improved based on ongoing testing and community feedback.
Overkill VR is a Virtual Reality FPS with a compelling and dark atmosphere. In it, players become leaders of The Resistance whose goal is to defeat The Faction, a group of evil warmongers that feeds its wicked needs with fear and oppression. To overthrow the corrupt and sinister enemies, players collect the best weapons and roam the most explosive and thrilling battlefield ever created.
The game is available on Steam VR and is coming to Oculus store in a week, as a launch offer, Game Troopers is offering the full version for 15% less than the usual price.
“We wanted to make this game to be really arcade, like the game that inspired us: Time Crisis, we also want players to feel like Overkill’s world is real, as if they were soldiers on a frontline. For this reason, in an upcoming update, the game will support the Hardlight VR Suit.”– Jesús Bosch, CEO of Game Troopers
Overkill VR features:
– Crouch & Stand combat mechanics.
– Realistic aiming system.
– Unparalleled gun customization, with upgrades and attachments.
– Up to 14 available weapons, plus heavy machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades.
– Ability to change your strategy as the scenario evolves.
– New “endless mode” where players have to survive as many waves as they can.
– Steam Achievements. Players can unlock achievements while playing the game, and show their friends who’s the toughest soldier out there.
– Steam Trading cards. Players can earn cards and turn them into Steam badges, or trade them for community items.
– Improved game sounds, with realistic sound FX.
– Left-handed support. Lefties now have a left-handed option to make gameplay more comfortable.
– Machine gun height level adjustment.
About the developers
Game Troopers is a publisher and developer of Virtual reality games, with extensive experience and knowledge of the platform and the VR ecosystem.
Starloop Studios, formerly Plunge Interactive, is one of the most in-demand work-for-hire studios in Western Europe, with a team of nearly 40 developers, artists, producers, designers and testers.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: