The epic space RPG Star Traders: Frontiers is receiving a full Steam release after eight successful months on Early Access. Next Wednesday, August 1, the game will officially leave Steam Early Access with updated builds for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Fun Fact: During the past eight months, Trese Brothers Games updated Star Traders: Frontiers not once, not twice – not even 10 times – but 80+ times…averaging one update every 2.91 days!
24 new types of ships
More than 100 new ship components to customize the perfect craft
2 new character Jobs
32 new Talents
52 new mission types
22 new contact types and services
10 new character outfits – with 14 new hats, helmets, and accessories
4 new story eras: Second Founding, Coalition, 3rd Century, and Crimson Pox
Customizable difficulty: Play your own way!
Prize ship Talents: Capture enemy ships
New maximum level cap – raised by 25%
New unlockable content through clever play
ABOUT STAR TRADERS: FRONTIERS
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more. Take total control of your destiny as you venture through a massive open universe. Choose your path in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing the shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets as a fearsome bounty hunter? The choice is yours in Star Traders: Frontiers.
Customize your ship with more than 300 upgrades. Journey across an endless procedurally-generated galaxy with an in-depth simulation of political, economic, and personal vendettas. Every single crew and officer is a full character with personality traits, history, job, and talents: Watch them grow, manage/promote them, celebrate their victories … and perhaps even mourn their deaths.
THE STORY SO FAR
First, there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep …
– Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
– Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
– Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
– Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
– Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
– Shape the crew based on player choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever – or scarred and half-mad.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Star Traders: Frontiers will be available as a full Steam release (Windows, Mac, Linux) on August 1 for only $11.99 (a 20% discount). On August 8, the game will return to its original price of $14.99.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded in 2010, Trese Brothers Games is one of the premier indie game development studios for desktop and mobile RPG and strategy games. With more than six games on major game platforms and markets, Trese Brothers Games has over 3 million customers … and counting! The studio is built on the mixed skills of two brothers: Cory, the engineering ninja – and Andrew, who codes and draws. To learn more about Trese Brothers Games, please visit http://www.tresebrothers.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"