I had “almost” forgotten all about Vitro Games upcoming adventure shmup “Defenders of Ekron“, because truth be told. We haven’t written a word about the game since March this year (shame on me/us!). Well, that’s just about to change. You see, Vitro Games just informed us that they intend to launch “Defenders of Ekron” to PC (via Steam) and PS4 (via PSN) on the 15th of August:
“Greetings, It’s been a while since we’ve last updated you on Vitro Games’ upcoming adventure shoot ’em up (shmup), Defenders of Ekron, but we’re happy to report that the game is preparing for blast off on Steam and PlayStation®Network for PS4™ this coming Tuesday, August 15. In celebration of the upcoming release, Vitro Games has released 15 new screenshots depicting war-torn battlefields, massive bosses, and deadly labyrinths of bullets and lazers!” – Vitro Games
Other than that, we were also given the following information regarding “Defenders of Ekron” said launch features (the price for PS4 and PC has been set to $14.99):
Defenders of Ekron Key Features:
– 10 levels to shoot up and explore in full 360° freedom
– A highly-immersive story – dig deeper to uncover the truth behind the Technocratic Republic of Ekron
– Use the Anakim mech to analyze and navigate diverse environments to reveal hidden threats, enemies, allies, and unlock key information
– Mix combat skills to compliment any playstyle: melee-based sword fighting, pyromancy, electromagnetism, dashing, and more
– 53 Simulation Training Drills allow players to hone their skills and earn extra Oxus that can be used on missions, or in the Hangar to upgrade their Anakim mech
– Adrenaline-fueled soundtrack performed and recorded by in-house hard rock band, Action Replay
And with that said, are you guys and girls excited for “Defenders of Ekron”? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"