They roam the northern reaches, burning and pillaging on their way. There is no escape from their wrath. We tried to stop them to no avail: they overran our defenses and left nothing but death in their wake. Our last hope rests with this band of mercenaries – they are called the “Battle Brothers“…
Wield your weapon of choice and put your armor on, soldier! Overhype Studios announces today that Warriors of the North, the next DLC for Battle Brothers, will be released on May 9th via Steam for $8.99 / €8.99 / £7.99.
This new content expands the popular turn-based tactical RPG with lots of new content centered in the cold reaches of the northern region and their inhabitants, the fierce barbarians.
But that’s not all: new origins for your company of mercenaries, new contracts and events, and new gear and banners offer a new layer of strategic depth to Battle Brothers.
Legends also talk about a mythical creature, the Ijirok… Prepare to explore the frozen north and face the barbarians in Warriors of the North – the challenge will put your battle skills to the test, but immortal fame and legendary treasures await the victors!
– Pick one of ten different origins for your company and play as northern barbarians, peasant militia, or a flock of cultists. Each origin has special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.
– Face an entirely new faction of northern barbarians, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics
– Visit two new legendary locations and fight two new bosses in a quest that leads to a legendary reward
– Hunt down enemy champions and face them in battle to claim famed items for yourself
– Dress in style with a collection of new viking and rus inspired banners, shields, helmets, and armors. Use new weapons and let loose the new nordic warhound!
– Earn your stay in the north by taking on new contracts
Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
– Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
– Challenge yourself with new achievements
ABOUT BATTLE BROTHERS
Battle Brothers is a turn-based strategy RPG mix which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign.
Do you have what it takes to lead them through bloody battles and to victory? The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at.
This is also where you manage, level up and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn-based combat.
ABOUT OVERHYPE STUDIOS
Overhype Studios is an independent game development studio based in Hamburg, Germany. Battle Brothers, their first title, was released to great success back in 2015.
Their games thrive to reflect the creativity, complexity, and originality from the old days when game developers were passionate gamers themselves, not corporate businesspeople.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: