Oceanside, CA – 10/22/2020.
The indie games studio Matrioshka Games and the video game publisher V Publishing are today very thrilled and happy to announce that their biblical hack-and-slash RPG “Fallen Angel” is now available for PC via Steam.
Inspired by John Milton’s “Paradise Lost”, players take on the role of Lucifer, the angel that was cast out of Heaven, and now seeks vengeance, but when he returns, not all is as it appears.
Opportunity strikes when civil war erupts. God has departed without reason, and the archangels left behind to fight for dominion to lead. All the while a plot bigger than simple revenge begins to unfold.
“We wanted to provide a twist on the traditional perception of Heaven. Instead of a simple lush utopia, we have created a world that changes vastly depending on the archangel that controls it”, said Michael Brown, CEO of V Publishing.
“This not only allows a more visually diverse game, but it’s allowed us to create bosses and enemies that are varied in both look and how they fight, keeping things fresh as you play through.”
The many realms of Heaven are a strange and varied place. In addition to the classical pearly gates and angelic choirs, Lucifer will be ravaging his way through high-tech constructs, idyllic earth-like plains, floating islands, and more beyond. Each archangel will have a strong, thematic influence on the environments and creatures the player will encounter.
Players are equipped with blades, guns, claws, and their own raw skill to make their way through the realms of Heaven and reach the top. Players can use their preferred fighting styles to take on enemies whether that be head-to-head brute combat, maneuvering with precision and counter-attacks, or relying on ranged weapons to attack from afar. In addition to various fighting tactics, Lucifer can transform into a powerful, demonic rage machine, killing everything in his path.
A full list of features include:
– An incredible soundtrack to battle through Heaven’s gates and eliminate all archangels that stand in the way to the throne of Heaven.
– Brutal and seamless combat styles for ground and aerial approaches, including unique combos for players to smash out.
– Upgrade Lucifer’s abilities through RPG character progression.
– Change out your weapon loadout and give yourself new abilities with lots of weapons and relics found all over the world, each with its own unique lore.
– Beautiful pixel art and animations with several different flavors of Heaven.
– Challenging boss fights that re-imagine the marvels of the Old Testament.
– Full controller support to suit every player’s preferred style.
– Co-op availability to bring carnage to Heaven with a friend.
Fallen Angel is available via Steam now for $19.99 / £15.49 / €16.79.
About V Publishing
V Publishing is a publishing label for high-quality games that seek to tell stories and provide memorable experiences. V Publishing is a division of Vicarious Holdings, the company behind international award-winning video game PR agency Vicarious PR. For more information visit www.publishvicarious.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: