Moscow, Russia – 21st March, 2018 – Independent video game developer Sobaka Studio and publisher Buka Entertainment are pleased to officially announce their partnership on development of 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, a new multi-platform old-school beat ‘em up powered by Unreal Engine 4.
The studio behind Reedemer unveils announcement trailer for 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, which sets the mood and universe of this unique IP and promises to offer a new deeply immersive steeped Brawler experience in Medieval China setting.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is among 50 games selected for [email protected] program. First console demo is already available on the Xbox Lobby Bar at GDC this week! Studio team members are available at the stand and gamers and press are welcome to join them for a intense top-down, close-quarters action game where you will punch and hack your way through enemies using basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks! 9 Monkeys of Shaolin will be released Fall 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PC, macOS and Linux.
About 9 monkeys of Shaolin:
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre in vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up videogames crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler Redeemer is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. Game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
– 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
– Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
– Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
– Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
– More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
– 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
– Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
About Buka Entertainment
Buka Entertainment, based in Moscow, publishes, distributes and develops computer and video games for all platforms since 1993. Today Buka is one of the biggest Russian PC games publishers, localizers, console video games distributors, and digital distributors in the country. Buka publishes thoughtfully crafted games and software, distributing them throughout Russia and CIS alongside partnerships with Microsoft, Valve, Square Enix, Koch Media and other leading publishers. The latest projects developed by Buka Entertainment – Red Comrades, Darkestville Castle and High Noon VR quickly won over the hearts of both casual and hardcore gamers.
About Sobaka Studio
Sobaka Studio is a team of five developers based in Moscow and Kaliningrad, Russia. Sobaka team goal is to create challenging action games with a lot of fun and juicy gameplay. Their first big project ‘Redeemer’ was warmly received by the players on Steam (83% positive reviews) and got 66 Metacritic score and 75 user score, which is quite the result.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"