Unravel the dark secret of the monumental tower, lost in the middle of the sea. Fatbot Games is excited to finally share their mysterious adventure – where you can’t tell the difference between agitating dreams and bizarre reality.
September 28th, Bratislava, Slovakia – Dwelling on your past is inevitable, and yet, what good can come of it? The terrifying, mechanical tower is luring you in, and there is no doubt it will help you recover your memories. With nothing to lose you step inside to discover things you couldn’t even begin to imagine.
Vaporum is a grid-based, single-player, single-character dungeon crawler game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting. It is inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
You can play Vaporum today! The game launches today on PC. Get your own copy on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/629690/Vaporum/ and on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/vaporum (link will be activated today, at 7:00 p. m. CET / 10:00 a. m. PDT).
– The regular price is 19.99 USD / 19.99 EUR, but there’s a 10% discount to celebrate the game’s release! Find out if you have what it takes to survive the depths of the mysterious tower…
Prepare to fight – you’re going to come across many enemies along the way. Each of them has a distinctive set of strengths, weaknesses, offensive and defensive abilities, so you’ll have to employ different tactics to beat them. Choose wisely when equipping yourself with gear. Weapons differ from one another not only by damage levels and appearance, but also in their unique bonuses and behaviors.
Use a wide range of skills throughout the gadget-based RPG system: direct attacks, area attacks, offensive and defensive skills, and more. But be careful – they may be powerful, but they also drain your energy. And don’t forget, some enemies are immune to certain attacks, so you will have to figure out the best way to deal with every encounter the game throws at you.
Solve intriguing puzzles and level-wide objectives using both your wits and reflexes to advance through the game. While most riddles are contained within a single room, progression objectives can span entire levels, or even multiple ones.
Instead of increasing the abilities of your human character, you can upgrade your exoskeleton. Equip yourself with various items and define your own playstyle. Change your armor and weaponry at any time to adapt to the numerous unexpected situations. As your exoskeleton becomes more powerful by absorbing a special substance – fumium – from defeated enemies, you will be able to unlock useful areas of it, gaining significant permanent attribute bonuses and passive skills. Simply put – prepare for tons of customization.
VAPORUM – MAIN FEATURES:
● Fight in real time! First-person real-time combat against deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
● Be tactical. Use various attacks and read your opponents’ moves – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
● Fully voiced main characters. Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower from fully voiced phono-diaries recorded by the protagonists.
● Tons of customization options! The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle.
● Absorb fumium from defeated enemies. Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
● Keep your wits about you. Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles of varying difficulty.
● Explore and loot. Look for secret passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
● What happened in the mysterious tower? A storyline full of dark secrets and unexpected twists.
● An immersive steampunk setting. Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design, and an atmosphere of constant danger lurking around every corner.
Vaporum has just been released on PC! Find it on Steam and GOG. You can find more information about the game on the official website (http://www.vaporum-game.com/landing-page/), and on Facebook and Twitter.
About Fatbot Games
Fatbot Games is an indie company based in Slovakia – a small country in Central Europe. It was founded by two industry veterans: Tibor Repta and Matej Zajačik. The company currently has secured investment funding. The core team is composed of 4 industry veterans (former colleagues and long-time friends) with 43 years of combined experience in the game development business. Fatbot Games believes in polished games with strong storylines and high production value in both visuals and gameplay. Vaporum is their first project. http://www.vaporum-game.com/
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"