Children, Women, Men, Gods, Monsters and Titans – Heads up – We Have Something for Free! For all of you lovely individuals in possession of the Steam version of a Titan Quest title – we have a special treat for you! (Hint: Look at your Steam Library!) Of course, if you want to ruin the surprise you can also keep reading…
Vienna (Austria), August 31st – THQ Nordic releases a surprise title on Steam called Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for the game’s 10-year-anniversary and gifts the game to everyone calling either Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne or Titan Quest Gold their own on Steam. So, in numbers, more than 1 million people will automatically find the game in their library starting today.
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition contains both Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne which have been completely reworked in terms of multiplayer, stability, performance, balancing, AI and much more. In rough numbers, this translates to roughly 1.261 changes to the original version 10 years ago.
For the detailed changelog, refer to this link: http://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt
“What about the rest of us?”
“But what about those who do not have the game yet (because they were too young when it came it or had a really bad taste in games etc.) – don’t we get something for free?” we hear you scream.
No we did not forget about you. YOU very special people have the golden opportunity to get the game ALMOST for free! 😉 Beginning today, THQ Nordic offers 75% off the Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for one week. This means USD/EUR 4.99 for the whole lot (regular price after the first week: USD/EUR 19.99).
One Question: “Why?”
Before someone comes around asking why we give our games out for free (or almost for free if you want), here’s a quick explanation: After our name change from “Nordic Games” to “THQ Nordic”, we wanted a running start for our new identity and had to think about how to begin the new era with the most positive connotation possible (for a publisher).
So, many months ago, we had a conversation in our marketing department which went something like this:
“Guys, what can we do to make people like us and stay with our brands?”
“Easy, we just have to be grateful. Remember, without them, we would be nothing.”
“And how should we show gratitude?”
“Free stuff… I guess. Everyone likes free stuff.”
“Well then, give them free stuff, for f***’s sake”
So, that’s basically where we are now.
In German we have a saying that goes “Schuster, bleib bei deinen Leisten” which can roughly be translated to “Cobbler, stick to your trade”, but as our graphics department is busy at the moment, we had to resort to our extraordinary Paint skills and drew the instructions of how you can get the Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for all of you choosing graphic novels over text books.
#nohate #ididmybest #thqnordiclovesyou #amidoingthisright
Well… we hope that you are satisfied with our way to say THANK YOU and wish you a great time showing ‘em titans who the boss is.
About Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
For its 10 year anniversary, Titan Quest will shine in new splendour. This Anniversary Edition combines both Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne in one game, and has been given a massive overhaul for the ultimate ARPG experience.
• Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
• Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
• Improved performance and general stability
• Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
• Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
• Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes
• Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
• Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
• Improved enemy and pet AI
• Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
• Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
• Steam Friend Invites
• Steam Achievements
• Steam Trading Cards
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: