The official launch is set for October 2, after a playful throwback to where it all started…
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS – September 13, 2017 – KAVA Game Studio releases a major game update for Divided We Fall in order to get the game in perfect shape for the official launch on October 2 – and reveals a pre-launch ‘throwback weekend’ where players can earn an extra key for Divided We Fall!
A barrage of new features!
There have been many updates as Divided We Fall marches on towards release, supported by our long-standing veterans in the community. A brief summary of the major new features:
● New suppression system – if left exposed or under heavy fire your soldiers can find themselves pinned down, as part of a whole new integrated system for suppression.
● Weaponry update – every weapon now has its niche, with special fire mode options for the revamped snipers and machine gunners, while SMGs become the kings of close combat with their ability to fire on the move!
● Take aim – players get more precise control over their grenades and when their soldiers hold fire or open up.
● Fog of war – changes to line of sight and enemy identification give more space for tactical maneuvers and adds to the authentic challenge of commanding troops on the ground.
● UI and command polish – the whole user interface has been improved, and new options added to the pre-game strategic map. Finding and getting into games has never been easier!
● Regimental recruitment – applying to join a regiment has been made even smoother, so you’ll find your band of brothers in no time.
Look forward to these new features and several other surprises when the game releases on October 2.
Early Access is coming to an end
It’s been a wild ride through Early Access, but the planned final release date for Divided We Fall has been set for October 2nd. The game is now in its final phase of development, although there will be some new and unseen content arriving along with the final release.
Earn an extra key by playing Divided We Fall’s predecessor ‘Call of Combat’!
Before the release we will be hosting a Call of Combat throwback weekend from Friday 29 until Sunday 1 to celebrate Divided We Fall’s predecessor game. You will be able to play Call of Combat via Divided We Fall, and there will be a medal and an extra Steam key for everyone who plays for 2 hours in either game. It’ll also be a great opportunity to meet some of the current Divided We Fall players, and perhaps even find yourself a home in one of the regiments so you have loyal comrades to stand beside you when the game is released!
About Divided We Fall
Divided we Fall is a close-combat multiplayer game with team-driven strategy at its core set in various immersive battlefields of the Second World War.
Command your squad through WW2, develop well thought-out battlefield tactics and execute them effectively to ensure your path to victory.
Hone your skills in fast paced 1 vs 1 real-time battles, or join battles with up to 15 soldiers per side (bringing 120 soldiers in total), each will require a great amount of planning, co-operation and teamwork.
Become a commander by being the highest ranked player of a team, devise an overall battle plan for your team and assign weapons to your soldiers through an intuitive planning interface.
To achieve victory as a commander on the battlefield, you must make effective use of terrain to provide cover for your troops, create deadly kill zones and ambush the enemy. Success hinges on the tactics formed during the planning phase, the effective teamwork between each other and the individual execution of the chosen tactics during combat.
Forge strong bonds of brotherhood in this intense multiplayer combat, for Divided we Fall…
▪ Intense real-time battles where teamwork is the key to victory
▪ Close quarter combat with tactical maneuvering and ambushes
▪ Squad-based action combined with team play that has a clear military chain of command
▪ Compete with your clan via ranking systems, leaderboards and competitions
▪ Command your fire team successfully and strive to become a general
▪ Use the World War II terrain to your advantage; provide cover for your troops and create deadly kill zones and ambushes.
Steam store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/495580
Official website: http://www.dividedwefall.co
About the Developers
Based in Amsterdam, KAVA Game Studio is led by Antoine Meurillon and Florian Käding, who initially released Call of Combat as a hobby project in 2002, which thrived with a lively community for over 10 years. During this time, Call of Combat welcomed 90,000 registered users which translated to 1,300 monthly active users and 300 daily active users on average.
As technology marched on, Florian was inspired to start work from the ground up on a new successor to Call of Combat in order to make the most of the new possibilities. Divided We Fall aims to reinvent the gameplay seen in two classic team tactics games: the original Call of Combat (2002) and Chain of Command (1999). These games each garnered active and loyal communities for over a decade.
It wasn’t long until Divided We Fall entered Early Access on Steam, with KAVA releasing community-driven updates. Following this successful Early Access period, everyone is gearing up for the full release on October the 2nd! For more information visit http://www.kavagamestudio.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"