November 24th, 2022.
The Warsaw-based (Poland) indie games publisher and developer QubicGames today announced with great thrill and delight that their fantasy adventure/ARPG “Blade of Darkness” (which is a re-release of the classic fantasy action adventure game with the same name), is now available for the Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo Eshop.
Choose one of four characters and venture forth to find a mythical sword and save the realm from Evil – now you can do it wherever you want.
A grim new threat looms over The Central Kingdoms. The borders protected by the fierce King’s Knights are no longer secure. The fearsome orc clans, more numerous than ever, lurk on all roads.
The proud nomadic peoples of the steppes are on alert, for strange beasts prowl the darkness. Not even the stout dwarves, hidden in their underground palaces, seem safe from threat – from the unknown tunnels of its mines, a foul army of hideous creatures advances inexorably.
Chaos seizes the World. Only the memory of the oldest recalls the exploits of a hero and a few warriors, who in other times fought against the forces of Chaos. Ianna, the mother of all living beings, gave the hero a powerful sword to enter the abyss and defeat evil. But that happened a long time ago. A new hero is needed, a chosen one who is worthy to wield the Sword and destroy the enemy… this time forever.
The re-released Blade of Darkness transports players to a dark fantasy world full of classic sword and sorcery heroes and threats. With a combat system that inspired many games to come, the player will hack through enemies using gory combos and cuts. With the Nintendo Switch version the adventure can be played anywhere you want, transforming even your daily commute into an epic quest.
Main game features:
· Four playable characters – Pick your Champion of Ianna — Tukaram, the Barbarian; Naglfar, the Dwarf; Sargon, the Knight; or Zoe, the Amazon — each with unique strengths, weaknesses, and fighting skills, as you hack ‘n’ slash your way through a blood-drenched quest to save the world from the forces of Chaos.
· Bloody and gory combat – Learn devastating combo attacks and use them to slice your opponents into pieces. Hack off your foes’ limbs, then use them as weapons!
· A detailed and dark fantasy world – Battle orcs, trolls, golems, demons, skeletons, and scores of malevolent enemy creatures as you explore treacherous tombs, frozen fortresses, demon spires, deserts, temples, and palaces.
· Interactive environments – Destroy in-game objects with fire or your fists as you solve puzzles and disarm traps that combine physics, hydraulic systems, and lethal traps!
· Re-release of a genre-defining game – We are happy to bring Blade of Darkness back to life on Nintendo Switch. It’s an enduring classic that, at the time of its release, inspired many games in the action-adventure genre through its approach to combat.
Blade of Darkness is published for Nintendo Switch by Qubic Games. The game is available in the eShop for 14,99 USD/EUR. On release it’s offered with a 40% discount (8,99 USD/EUR).
QubicGames is an independent game publisher and developer. Outside of creating our own IPs, we can bring your game to Nintendo Switch (we have been working with Nintendo since 2006!) and other platforms, such as PC or PS4. We have over 18 years of experience in our field, working on various projects – from small to big, both single and multiplayer.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: