London, UK – 22nd July 2021.
The UK-based indie games studio and games publisher SPECTRUM48 today announced with great joy and thrill that their award-nominated minimalist puzzle-platformer “OCO” is coming to PC via Steam for Windows and MAC on August 12th, 2021.
OCO originally launched on mobile platforms in 2019 and won critical acclaim as well as multiple award nominations including being finalist at Google Play’s Indie Game Showcase 2019, Develop’s Big Indie Pitch, and Pocket Gamer’s People’s Choice Award 2020 as well as being ‘Game of the Day’ on App Stores all over the world.
In OCO, puzzle fans will find intelligent and intuitive puzzles set in a circular minimalist world where a responsive procedural soundtrack changes depending on how they play the game. The 180 hand-crafted levels are beautifully designed and are eminently pick up and playable, however, players will need patience, perception, and precision to fully master the game.
OCO features a simple yet powerful level editor as well as a bustling Discord channel where players are submitting new levels constantly. With 75,000+ user-generated levels to try, there is a tonne of content for gamers to get their teeth into. There are also weekly OLYMPUS contests where the best players worldwide compete to top leaderboards in ‘Speedrun’ and ‘Endurance’ – fighting to become THE ‘God of Olympus’.
“In OCO we wanted to create a minimalist experience which is extremely playable but also cerebral and challenging,” commented Philip Sinclair lead game designer at SPECTRUM48.
“We’ve had a great experience on mobile platforms and are now hyped to see how hardcore Steam players engage with the competitive element in terms of leaderboards and our challenges, we’re also excited to see how these new players will interact with the level editor and what kind of levels they will create!”
• Precision platforming – Simple one-button controls combined with complex challenging puzzles make for a cerebral yet inherently pick-up and playable experience.
• 75,000 user-generated levels – OCO’s community are active and busy!
• 180 hand-crafted levels – Complete SPECTRUM48’s gameplay arc to become a master OCO player.
• Built-in level editor – Create levels and challenge friends to complete them.
• Procedurally-generated soundtrack – Audio and atmospherics change with every single level depending on how you play the game.
• Established Online Community – There’s already a thriving community around OCO with a Discord channel, online leaderboards, cross-platform cloud save and cross-platform multiplayer available.
• Olympus Mode – become the ‘God of Olympus’ and gain the power to curate the game in weekly challenges.
SPECTRUM48 is an independent video game studio based in Bristol, UK. With a background in architecture, clean lines and logical design is fundamental to its video games aesthetic – this can be fully experienced in ‘OCO’.
SPECTRUM48’s focus is on developing innovative, creative, original, high-quality video game experiences. Find out more at www.spectrum48.com.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek: