Vienna/Austria and Bremen/Germany, May 24th, 2019 – “To everything turn, turn, turn. There is a season turn, turn, turn.” What better song to describe a turn-based strategy game than the great anthem made famous by The Byrds in 1965?
Will our children and grandchildren still play “Battle Worlds: Kronos” in a few decades’ time? We don’t know yet, but if they do, they will hopefully know that the game was on Nintendo Switch and offered great features such as touch screen controls and new maps specially designed for the local hot-seat multiplayer mode.
Players can experience three huge campaigns with over 60 hours of gameplay in total, facing the challenge of a strong AI, commanding a wide range of ground, air and sea units.
THQ Nordic and King Art Games will release Battle Worlds: Kronos for Nintendo Switch on 11th June, 2019 digitally and in retail stores for an SRP of £26.99 | €29.99 | $29.99.
About Battle Worlds: Kronos
Battle Worlds: Kronos is a classic turn-based strategy game in the tradition of great strategy masterpieces from the ’90s. Have you ever wondered what games like that would look like if made today? Well, we did, and as a result, we decided to develop Battle Worlds: Kronos.
– Strong opponents, long playtime – Prepare to fight epic battles against tough AI enemies in three huge campaigns, with over 60 hours of gameplay. – Includes the full DLC-campaign ‘Trains’
– An epic war from two perspectives – Experience the two sides of a battle while making use of multiple combat styles, from dominating a civilisation with epic tactical warfare, to saving your planet from superior military forces with clever guerrilla tactics
– Easy to learn, hard to master – Hone your tactical hex-field mind, test and train your strategic skills in various ‘Challenge Maps’
– Hot-Seat Multiplayer – Battle your friends in local multiplayer sessions on new maps especially created for this mode
– Enjoy the story – New integrated difficulty settings will let you enjoy the story without being strangled by the strong AI
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2008, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction and Titan Quest.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany and Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"