Welcome, investigators. We’ve got grim news to share. The time has finally come. The stars are aligning in the right position. The waxing moon is a dark omen, getting fuller and fuller like if it were devouring all the light.
After strange aeons, Great Cthulhu is about to awake. I don’t need to tell you how the humankind would fare should It claim back Its throne as dark ruler of the Earth.
But all hope is not lost — we have time to act. You have discovered a great deal about His worshippers’ plans. Now it is your opportunity to go out there and stop them… at least for now.
LLC Blini Games announces today that the action roguelite with RPG elements “Lovecraft’s Untold Stories” will be launched on January 31st for €14.99 / $14.99 / £ 11.39 in English, Russian, and Spanish; other languages will be added in the near future. Besides, the Chinese version published by Surefire Games can be found here.
After a successful period of 6 months in Early Access, the game is now complete and ready for its full release. Follow the path of five different characters (the Detective, the Professor, the Ghoul, the Thief, and the Witch) in their adventures against the Great Old Ones, their minions, and their worshippers.
Explore their different storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s stories that cross randomly generated levels such as the hospital, the jungle or the port city, and look for the clues you need to face terrible foes like Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, and Great Cthulhu.
ABOUT LOVECRAFT’S UNTOLD STORIES:
Lovecraft’s Untold Stories is an action roguelite with RPG elements. You explore randomly generated levels based in H.P. Lovecraft stories, fighting cultists and all kinds of monsters from the Mythos, improving your weapons and gear, solving puzzles and challenges, and looking for clues and knowledge to defeat the Great Old Ones and the Outer Gods.
– Fight hundreds of different monsters from the Cthulhu Mythos in this intense action roguelite
– Explore Lovecraft’s stories: every character has a storyline that crosses randomly generated levels set in different locations from Lovecraft’s stories, such as the hospital, the jungle, or the port city just to name a few
– Face the Great Old Ones: Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Shub-Niggurath, and Azathoth await you in special levels
– Investigate thoroughly: explore every corner to find secret levels and knowledge about the Great Old Ones
– Learn about the Mythos to fight them: to have a chance at fighting the Great Old Ones you need to acquire knowledge about them, or their mere presence will drive you insane
– Madness awaits: in the course of your adventures you will have to make some decisions, and taking the wrong ones will shake your sanity. If it gets too low, you will start losing your mind – and if you go mad you will take your own life to escape the horror
– Pick your hero: Choose between 5 different characters, detective, the thief, the professor, the witch, and the ghoul
– Different playstyles: every investigator has a different combat style and skills, but levels also vary depending on who you’re playing them with – so the gameplay experience is totally different
– Collect and improve weapons, items, and artifacts. Each character has a set of weapons and items, and there are hundreds of other items you can find and use!
– Look for clues and special items to unlock secrets and new stories
Jonas “O.J” Ek
The Gaming Ground
More by Jonas Ek:
Save 3$ with our Play-Asia coupon code "thegg"