Yes, that’s right. The long wait is finally over for PC Gamers all over the world. So what exactly am I talking about? I’m of course referring to the PC release of FDG Entertainment and Game Atelier’s action-adventure game “Monster Boy”.
“Hi TGG team,
the wait for the PC community is over! After successfully releasing on consoles, we worked hard to provide Windows gamers the ultimate ‘Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom’ experience, including an unlocked framerate option and Ultra Widescreen support!
It’ll be available this Thursday, July 25th, 2019 on Steam and GOG for Windows PCs! – FDG Entertainment
That’s just the half of it though, because FDG also had us know that “Monster Boy” is currently 10% off via GOG and Steam as well:
Get your hands on this critically acclaimed metroidvania for only €29.99/$29.99 and an additional 10% launch sale!” – FDG Entertainment
“A LEGENDARY SERIES RETURNS WITH A GRAND NEW ADVENTURE!
Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You’ll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.”
Other than that, we were also told that the PC version of “Monster Boy” will offer the following in terms of features (some of these features are exclusive for PC):
– Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
– Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
– Over 20 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
– Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
– Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
PC EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
– Ultra Wide Screen Support
– Unlocked Framerate
– Full Controller Support with your choice of PS4 / Xbox / Switch Controller Labels
– Full Keyboard and Mouse Support
– Achievements & Cloud save
– Support for Windows 7 / 8 / 10
– English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Polish
– Steam: Trading Cards, Steam Controller API Support (all controllers supported)
– GOG: X-Input (Xbox 360 / Xbox One controllers only)
So, what are you waiting for? Tons of adventure, boss fights, action, monster fun and treasures await you in “Monster Boy”! 😉
And with that said, are you excited for the PC release of “Monster Boy”? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section down below!
Robin “V-Act” Ek
Editor in chief
The Gaming Ground
More by Robin Ek: